Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeping under pressure from the small hole on the bottom. Is that a relief valve? Grapple is act odd ( new grapple) and I heard a bang while operating the grapple from under the tractor. Fluid is in the filled range.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,074 Posts
Leaking from an internal seal on the valve inside. No that's not a relief valve, just a drain hole in the cover that covers the actual valve. Is the tractor still under warrenty?

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Those are the caps that hold the springs to center the valve, there should not be oil in them, and there is no real seals to replace usually. Can't really look anything up in JDParts for you since we don't know which version of the 2025R you have.

Reactions: Scott99

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Those are the caps that hold the springs to center the valve, there should not be oil in them, and there is no real seals to replace usually. Can't really look anything up in JDParts for you since we don't know which version of the 2025R you have.
2019 2025R I bought it used so now warranty, what is the valve called?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought it used, no warranty, I did have the local Deere dealer add a third function valve would that have anything to do with it?

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
2019 2025R I bought it used so now warranty, what is the valve called?
It is called the "SCV" or Selective Control Valve.

They do have whats called a "seal kit", but no good pictures or details on it:

Bought it used, no warranty, I did have the local Deere dealer add a third function valve would that have anything to do with it?
You need to check on the warranty, it does not matter if you bought t used or not. Call the local dealer with your serial number and ask some questions.

3rd function valve should have nothing to do with it. It was the OEM kit right?

Are you 100% positive the oil is not leaking from somewhere else and running to that location?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is called the "SCV" or Selective Control Valve.

They do have whats called a "seal kit", but no good pictures or details on it:

You need to check on the warranty, it does not matter if you bought t used or not. Call the local dealer with your serial number and ask some questions.

3rd function valve should have nothing to do with it. It was the OEM kit right?

Are you 100% positive the oil is not leaking from somewhere else and running to that location?
the warranty is on the power train only, I wiped it down and worked the lever and third function while my brother checked for the leak. Came out of the hole on the bottom.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 2018 2025r, and like the OP I was out of the warranty period. I am not sure what the picture is showing as the leak so not sure if it is a comparable situation. I had a seal / gasket fail that was leaking hydro from somewhere deep in the machine this summer. The dealer had it for a couple weeks and basically had to take apart the back end of the machine. It WAS covered by the powertrain warranty and saved me about $2K. Again, not sure or saying it is the same issue - but am saying talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know this is an older thread but wanted to check in to see what the OP's final disposition was on the leak. Noticed my 2025R is starting to form drips of fluid on the spools under the SCV; checked all fittings and there is NO indication of a loose fitting meaning something in the valve has to be leaking. Anyone have any experience with the "seal kit" Deere offers? As Kenny alluded to - not many pictures or instructions anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts