Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tested my hydraulic pressure. It is right at 2000. The FSM says it should be 2431 +- 71. Is this a warranty item? 2 months old tractor. Or do I need to fix it myself? How many shims would it likely take?

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,963 Posts
I would pursue the dealer first. There should be no "shims", I think it uses a jam nut setup like the 1-series.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have to bring my 2025R back to the dealer to have this checked. My 260b backhoe is very weak compared to the 260 on my 1025r. Hoping it is a warranty issue since it should have been checked before delivery!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I tested my hydraulic pressure. It is right at 2000. The FSM says it should be 2431 +- 71. Is this a warranty item? 2 months old tractor. Or do I need to fix it myself? How many shims would it likely take?

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
You might want to check to be sure you are looking at the correct manual, which is TM147619. That looks more like the spec for the Gen1 2025, not the Gen2.
Gen2 correct spec is 2050-2250psi.
Thats found on 270-50-3.

This seems to be a common theme with the 2025, the low pressure from the factory. At least a couple of us have had low pressure from new. At least one of us adjusted it himself.
Unless you want to perform body removal to attempt adjustment, dont do it. Not to mention, if you goof it up, its all on you. Once you get to it, its a fairly simple process, assuming you are familiar with a screw and lock nut type adjustment, and understand that overdoing it will damage stuff....which is why you do NOT want to use the spec you posted.
Your dealer will fix it, or should at least, and if you can, get them to set it to the high side which they likely would.
Once "fixed" you will notice a difference in power in the loader.

I have to bring my 2025R back to the dealer to have this checked. My 260b backhoe is very weak compared to the 260 on my 1025r. Hoping it is a warranty issue since it should have been checked before delivery!
The relief setting thats adjustable is in the SCV, and doesnt affect the backhoe.
Its possible the relief valve in the backhoe needs adjustment, but testing it would be quite a bit more involved than the scv, since there are no available ports to use.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I got one of Kens pressure gauges Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
and tested my 2025. It was low. I took it to the dealer and they adjusted it up under warranty

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the same gauge. I will call the dealer and see if they will reset it for me under warranty. If not I will do it myself. Seems like a lot of work to get to it. Any advice on how much to turn the screw for that much change. I am guessing turn it in to increase the pressure.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,338 Posts
Same here, mine tested under 2000 psi with Kenny's gauge, called the dealer they came to my house and adjusted it under warranty. Made a world of difference IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You might want to check to be sure you are looking at the correct manual, which is TM147619. That looks more like the spec for the Gen1 2025, not the Gen2.
Thats found on 270-50-3.

I am not sure what the pressure is supposed to be but I will share that my dealer checked my Gen 2 2025 and the work order says, Checked Hyd Pressure Its At 2490 PSI Spec Is 2421 +/- 70. Hyd Pressure Within Spec.

FWIW

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Thats found on 270-50-3.

I am not sure what the pressure is supposed to be but I will share that my dealer checked my Gen 2 2025 and the work order says, Checked Hyd Pressure Its At 2490 PSI Spec Is 2421 +/- 70. Hyd Pressure Within Spec.

FWIW
Pressure is listed in my reply, and yours, directly from Deere’s service manual.
If your dealer told you yours was that high, and you have a 2018+ 2025R, a few bad things have happened.
Either your dealer is looking at the wrong spec, which they are if they told you that, or they didn’t actually check it AND told you the wrong spec, knowing you would not likely know, or something is way wrong with your tractor.

Just because a dealer tells you something doesn’t make it correct. There are tons of posts about people getting incorrect info from dealers, and incorrect repairs too.
They have access to the manual and sometimes just don’t bother to look.
Were it mine, I’d either check it myself, or tell them what they told you is incorrect and have them recheck, and show you the results while they are doing it.
Can’t say I’d trust that dealer much after that either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All good points, I do not have much history with this dealer so not sure if they know or actually checked. Are the 1025's a different spec? They sell a ton of those so maybe that's where that info came from?

Looks like I need to get my own gauge and find out for myself.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
All good points, I do not have much history with this dealer so not sure if they know or actually checked. Are the 1025's a different spec? They sell a ton of those so maybe that's where that info came from?

Looks like I need to get my own gauge and find out for myself.
They are a different spec, but its lower still.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the manual is the old one. It was given to me by someone who no longer has his tractor. He moved to a condo. There are a few other things that seem wrong. I will get the right one at some point before it goes off warranty. I also buy them for all our vehicles. You need them on newer cars. I have a program in my laptop that connects to the OBD2 port and accesses all the computers. It also runs all the tests. I only got license for Ford and GM as that's all we own.:hide:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I’ll add to this thread. Tested my pressure today. I have a gauge set and while I was at tractor supply, I grabbed a pioneer fitting. Mine tested 2000 psi as shown. I tested all ports just for S’s and G’s. So I would assume the max spec is 2250? I’d attempt to adjust this myself, has anyone done this?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I’ll add to this thread. Tested my pressure today. I have a gauge set and while I was at tractor supply, I grabbed a pioneer fitting. Mine tested 2000 psi as shown. I tested all ports just for S’s and G’s. So I would assume the max spec is 2250? I’d attempt to adjust this myself, has anyone done this?
If your tractor is out of spec, but still under warranty, why would you try make the adjustment yourself? What if, your adjustment screwed something up and your dealer blaims it on you? Just curious. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
13,338 Posts
If your tractor is out of spec, but still under warranty, why would you try make the adjustment yourself? What if, your adjustment screwed something up and your dealer blaims it on you? Just curious. :unknown:
Agreed, after I tested mine I was talking to my service manager about adjusting it myself, he quickly put that thought to bed and sent a tech to my house about 4 days later and it was adjusted under warranty.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am not sure they would consider 50 PSI to be out of spec (2050-2250 PSI). I also highly doubt my dealer would even consider taking the tractor in to adjust the pressure under warranty.

As far as screwing it up, well, I could screw up a hyd fluid or engine oil change if I didn't have some mechanical abilities and the proper tools. I guess I'd be willing to take the risk (whatever that means), people have done it before supposedly that's why I asked.

·
Premium Member
13,338 Posts
I am not sure they would consider 50 PSI to be out of spec (2050-2250 PSI). I also highly doubt my dealer would even consider taking the tractor in to adjust the pressure under warranty.

As far as screwing it up, well, I could screw up a hyd fluid or engine oil change if I didn't have some mechanical abilities and the proper tools. I guess I'd be willing to take the risk (whatever that means), people have done it before supposedly that's why I asked.
Out of spec is out of spec, if your dealer wouldn't adjust that under warranty then you need to find a better dealer. Or perhaps this is just another example of just how good my dealer really is.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts

Not arguing your mechanical ability, as I am also very mechanically inclined. Just saying, I would talk to your dealer first. See pjr832's post.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

Out of spec is out of spec. Catch them in a slower part of the season. They get paid for what they do or fix under warranty so I would think they wouldn’t have a problem doing it.
As far as picking up I can’t comment. I’ve always loaded mine up and brought it to them myself and picked up. It’s not an issue for me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Out of spec is out of spec, if your dealer wouldn't adjust that under warranty then you need to find a better dealer. Or perhaps this is just another example of just how good my dealer really is.
Thanks for the advise all. I will try to reach out to my dealer and see what they say. I live in a area that is served by multiple dealers owned by the same people.

To give a little back story, when I took delivery of my tractor most old time service crew had left. I could tell. My MMM was frigged up and the power beyond lines rubbed on the 3 point raise/lower control. I *****ed to my dealer and they got the machine, only to return it basically untouched. I ended up stripping the fenders off, re-routing the lines, and fixing the deck. All is good now. So, when I think of the dealer adjusting hyd pressure that they probably have no idea even how to do it, it makes me cringe.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts