Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1949 Ford 8N, 1959 Ford 841 Diesel, working on a 2 series order
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...me again. I'm ordering a new 2025r this week or early next and I'm confused about mower deck lift options for the 60d deck.

I'm not thrilled with the mechanical option and having the three point go up and down with the deck all the time. I don't like the videos I have seen of the independent option where you have to hold up on the switch to keep the deck up, but understand that may have changed. I'm OK with the option of using one of the loader ports because I don't ever plan to have the deck on when doing loader work, and don't plan to have the loader on when using the MMM. But I'm not clear what that option is called or how to find info on it.

It also seems like I read somewhere that their may be a different option/setup on the 2020 and later 2025r. So, what are the options? I know I could ask the dealer, and will, but you all often no more than the average sales guy!

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,469 Posts
I have the independent mower lift on my 1025R and it's powered by the 3rd function SCV (another reason to have it) and the button on the joystick.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the mechanical lift on my 2018. I didn't think that I'd ever have something on the 3pt along with the mower to worry about, but to me it does look a bit wonky the way it works. Keep the rock shaft for using something only on the 3pt. To me it does seem like a cheap way to achieve lift on the MMM. I thought that the independent lift would have been the way to go, until sometimes I realized that am driving, turning and lifting the MMM at the same time. It would not be as efficient, IMO to do all 3 with the independent lift and its location. For that reason alone, I'm happy that I have the mechanical lift. Some day I'm going to move the chute deflector switch for the snow blower into the location of the independent lift, just so I can free up the way the dealer installed an extra bracket to hold my chute deflector switch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the independent lift. It connects to a spare port on the pump, feeds a slave cylinder replacing the mechanical lift rod, and it actuates a solenoid in a hydraulic diverter block via a switch mounted on the lower left console. It hydraulically lifts by pressing the up arrow, stays where it is in the center position, and drops by gravity when you push the down arrow. The only thing I don't like is the where the switch is mounted but you get used to it...

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
On my 2016 1025R I ad the basic lift with the three point hitch going up and down with the mower deck. On my 2018 I got the one that hooks into the loader SVC and operates with the loader control. since I ordered it with out the FEL no problems. and it worked great. easy to reach and easy to control

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
There are two Hydraulic Lifts for the 2025R Mowing deck

BLV10933 which is the Independent lift jsb2b is talking about the downside of this system will not work with OEM 3rd function Kit will need to be converted to the Kit Mark eagle is Talking about

BLV11115 is the Hydraulic Lift That either another set of Outlets Next to You Loader outlets is Installed or It Can be Used with the Optional 3rd Function if Not Using the 3rd Function kit then You won't Have full control of your Loader Downside of this kit You will always have Hydraulic Hoses Hanging if Not Using it.

I have BLV10933 which uses a switch on your Tractor dash tower right near your Left Knee so if I want the OEM 3rd Function it need to be converted to BLV11115 I have a Artillian 3rd function so I don't have any issues with BLV10933. BLV10933 will Hold the deck Up. When the system first came out for the 1 series It did not Hold the deck up when you took your Finger Off a Year after the Gen II 2025R came out they also changed the 1 series version which holds you deck up even if your let go of the switch

So BLV10933 is great as it has it own controls But Cannot be used with OEM 3rd Function Kit with it

So you need BLV11115 if Going to run a 3rd function kit and it used the Loader Joystick to Operate in 2 ways depending on how You Configure it if Configured for use with 3rd function it uses a Joy stick Button and is Independent of the Loader if it configured the Traditional way it use the Joystick to control it and will interfere with loader operations

I Probably should have skipped it all together because I don't use My 2025R Gen II for Mowing

Here are Both Kits Pictured top image is BLV10933 Bottom Image is BLV11115 (y)
Product Rectangle Gesture Font Parallel
Font Rectangle Parallel Map Diagram

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Should also Point Out when Using the BLV10933 and You want to Put the OEM 3rd Function On You don't Need to Buy the whole BLV11115 kit to convert it Only the Hoses and detach The BLV10933 electric diverted & switch from the tractor's Hydraulic system The Hydraulic cylinder for Both Kit's is the same (y)

·
Registered
2021 JD 2025R
28 Posts
There are two Hydraulic Lifts for the 2025R Mowing deck

BLV10933 which is the Independent lift jsb2b is talking about the downside of this system will not work with OEM 3rd function Kit will need to be converted to the Kit Mark eagle is Talking about

BLV11115 is the Hydraulic Lift That either another set of Outlets Next to You Loader outlets is Installed or It Can be Used with the Optional 3rd Function if Not Using the 3rd Function kit then You won't Have full control of your Loader Downside of this kit You will always have Hydraulic Hoses Hanging if Not Using it.

I have BLV10933 which uses a switch on your Tractor dash tower right near your Left Knee so if I want the OEM 3rd Function it need to be converted to BLV11115 I have a Artillian 3rd function so I don't have any issues with BLV10933. BLV10933 will Hold the deck Up. When the system first came out for the 1 series It did not Hold the deck up when you took your Finger Off a Year after the Gen II 2025R came out they also changed the 1 series version which holds you deck up even if your let go of the switch

So BLV10933 is great as it has it own controls But Cannot be used with OEM 3rd Function Kit with it

So you need BLV11115 if Going to run a 3rd function kit and it used the Loader Joystick to Operate in 2 ways depending on how You Configure it if Configured for use with 3rd function it uses a Joy stick Button and is Independent of the Loader if it configured the Traditional way it use the Joystick to control it and will interfere with loader operations

I Probably should have skipped it all together because I don't use My 2025R Gen II for Mowing

Here are Both Kits Pictured top image is BLV10933 Bottom Image is BLV11115 (y)
View attachment 779364 View attachment 779365
Great summary! I have option two that Sergeant mentions (BLV11115) and its setup so that I swap out one of my ports for curl/dump on the loader if I want to use the joystick and hydraulics for managing the mower lift. I also have the Deere 3rd function SCV ports added to the mid-mount block so I could potentially use those as well but since I won't have my loader on while mowing (or at least won't have any attachments on the FEL), I didn't see that as a difficult trade-off.

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Great summary! I have option two that Sergeant mentions (BLV11115) and its setup so that I swap out one of my ports for curl/dump on the loader if I want to use the joystick and hydraulics for managing the mower lift. I also have the Deere 3rd function SCV ports added to the mid-mount block so I could potentially use those as well but since I won't have my loader on while mowing (or at least won't have any attachments on the FEL), I didn't see that as a difficult trade-off.
The Only reason I went the way I did was didn't want a hose hanging down all the time and the OEM 3rd Function wasn't available In 2018 had it Been I would have gone with BLV11115. But the Artillian 3rd fuction actually work fine
So if your think you'll want a 3rd function Just go with BLV11115. it also about Half the Price of BLV10933 (y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Only reason I went the way I did was didn't want a hose hanging down all the time and the OEM 3rd Function wasn't available In 2018 had it Been I would have gone with BLV11115. But the Artillian 3rd fuction actually work fine
So if your think you'll want a 3rd function Just go with BLV11115. it also about Half the Price of BLV10933 (y)
This is all really great info. Thanks! I'm getting a lot of suggestions on my build thread to include the third function, and I can see some value in that. Since I'm probably doing that, BLV11115 makes sense. My second choice would probably be BLV11115 through the FEL ports as I just don't see having the FEL on while mowing.

I currently mow with an x320 with a manual lift, and have learned the spots in my yard where I have to step on the mower lift just to clear a certain stump, rock, or high spot in the areas I mow. It's enough up and down that I think the mechanical would get a little aggravating to use when I mow with the 2025r

Two more questions:

1) If I have the 3rd SCV and BLV11115, does that mean I won't have hoses hanging down when the mower is unhooked? What about BLV11115 and use the FEL ports? Same question I guess if I go BLV10933 without the third SCV.

2) For both BLV11115 and BLV10933, do they allow me to lift deck lift controls up out of the way when using loader and/or three point attachments.

I really appreciate you and all the great info as I try to get my tractor as close to right as I can when ordering.

Dealer has one with my name on it coming in next week!

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Well if Your using the 3rd function you will have a Hose hanging down just have to zip strip it out of the way

You will have to Hit the 3rd Function Button on Loader Joystick to raise and Lower mowing deck if the Loader & deck our on at the same time

The BLV10933 has it own switch to raise & Lower deck don't have to touch your loader Joystick or your Rocker shaft lever for the 3point hitch

Basically what is says about the BLV10933 if You have this one with the 3rd Function Performance of the Independent mower Lift or 3rd Function Performance will be low Deere Just says there Not compatible and says if You Have BLV10933 already You need to Buy BLV11115 to use Both 3rd Function and Hydraulic Mower Lift so your Basically using the 3rd function to raise and lower deck

I wish You could have BLV10933 & the OEM 3rd Function and Not rob Peter to pay Paul But I can't see You using both at the same time anyways a Engineer didn't plan well when they developed the 3rd function kit for the 1 series & 2025R .

I don't mow with any of My Deere;'s except a GX335 My main mower is a Cub Cadet XT3 GSX except for Fall then I use My JD X748 for leaves

Now if You want the BLV10933 just get a Artillian 3rd function kit John Deere 120R Diverter Kit - Artillian I Bought My Artillian 3rd function before I Purchased My 2025R and Had the dealer Install it The Only downside is You don't get to use the Fancy Deere Joystick Button But You Can install it On the Deere single Point Hydraulic connector(y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great input, Sarge. Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,959 Posts
I've got a mechanical. It works off the 3pt hitch lever, it's still raising/lowering off a hydraulic actuator, so there's no "human strength" required to raise/lower like smaller garden tractors that are a manual mechanical lift. The drawback of the using the mechanical lift is whatever, if anything you have on the 3pt will also raise/lower with the deck. If you're keeping the deck on while doing ground engaging work with a rear blade or similar, you'll need to "lock out" your deck on the height knob to keep it off the ground (its just rotating a knob). If your mowing requires something on the 3pt (MCS, ballast?, etc.) it will move with your deck height adjustments. It's rare that I'm lower than 2/3rds on the 3pt when mowing, while noting that I just use the 3pt and not the height knob for deck height adjustment. I really only use the deck height knob when "locking out" or "installing" the deck.

Edit: If I was doing my 4 years old order over again, I likely would have stuck with the mechanical lift, however would have added the 3rd function even without a need for a grapple then, or currently.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the independent lift on my 2025r as well and also don't like where the switch is located. I was hoping that someone more talented that me would have come up with a plan to relocate the witch to someplace on the side console where it is more accessible. If that doesn't happen I may have to do this myself. And of course this will be trial and error which seems to get costly for me. Any one have a suggestion for a uncomplicated switch relocation modification?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just a reminder, even with the "mechanical" lift you can use the draft control to raise the mower over stumps/etc...no matter which option you choose the deck will go up and down via hydraulic action. I personally like the idea of using the draft control to raise over obstacles as it seems easier to manipulate than a button on the dash.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My 2 cents.....

I picked up a new 2025 a year ago. I did not discuss with dealer or order any lift option at the time.

However, it came with separate lift. I have the rock shaft lever, which lifts the 3pt hitch. Does not do the deck.

On the LH dashboard right under the light switch, I have a rocker up/down for the deck. I've thought this was the standard set up

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a more extensive question to add here. I have a 2019 2025r, Mower lift installed by JD works with the 3 point, No problem for me. I just installed the 3rd function kit so I could use a grapple. Grapple works perfectly, however now to raise to 3 point or mower I have to push the lever in to position AND I have to push the up button on the 3rd function. I don't need to push the down button to make the 3 point go down. If the grapple hoses are not hook up then the 3 point won't lift even if I push the up button on 3rd function. Help, my dealer wants the $$ meter to start as soon as I bring it in even if it's not my fault.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,469 Posts
i just installed the 3rd function kit so I could use a grapple. Grapple works perfectly, however now to raise to 3 point or mower I have to push the lever in to position AND I have to push the up button on the 3rd function. I don't need to push the down button to make the 3 point go down. If the grapple hoses are not hook up then the 3 point won't lift even if I push the up button on 3rd function.
Did you or the dealer install the 3rd function?

I can't think of a reason for your 3-point symptoms unless something was done incorrectly on the install. The 3-point is the last item in the hydraulic chain. Sounds like it's not getting flow unless the 3rd Function is activated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed 3rd function. All pipes are pre-bent metal. Can't really install it wrong, the lines won't fit unless installed correctly. I've been thru directions dozens of times trying to find something I did wrong, Can't find anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts