Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am trading my 1025r for either a 2025r or 2032r. My current 1025r is almost perfect, but struggles a little while snow blowing, especially uphill and looking for a little more stable ride when cruising across a field, the 1025r is pretty brutal. My primary use is mowing and snow removal.
I am having a hard time justifying the $7,000 difference between the 2025r and 2032r... any opinions would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
2032r

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I don't see a 2025R helping with your dislikes about the 1025R all that much. Slightly bigger tires might help a bit with ride across a field but they are not that much bigger. Snow blowing will be the same. So I would say 2032R as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,861 Posts
I'd recommend you go to a dealer and sit on the two machines. While they both fall into the current Deere "2-series" line up, they are entirely different machines. The 2032R is MUCH more machine than the 2025R is.

One consideration - the 2025R uses the same front end snow removal equipment that your current 1025R uses. The 2032R doesn't use the QuickTach front hitch. It jumps up to the same front 3pt hitch that the 3- and 4-series equipment uses which are all significantly beefier.

Reactions: ejb14

·
Registered
792 Posts
If the 1025 struggles then 2025 is going to struggle as well. In videos, I've seen the 2025 have to use low range to pull the same hill a 1025 will pull in high.
+1 on the 2032 recommendation

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
It jumps up to the same front 3pt hitch that the 3- and 4-series equipment uses which are all significantly beefier.
And in Deere fashion the price jumps way up as well.

·
Premium Member
15,268 Posts
My current 1025r is almost perfect, but struggles a little while snow blowing, especially uphill
Same power plant, same struggles the way I see it.
Another vote for the 2032R.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all, i think you answered my question. i plan on buying a new 3pt rear snow blower, loader, mmm, and snow pusher in the package. when looking at the entire package the price really climbs. my local dealer has ZERO 2 series tractors in stock until mid march. they are offering top dollar for my 1025r and said i can use it until the new tractor comes in. They have a 2038 coming in the end of this month for me to look at but its already sold. they said it will give me an idea of what the 2032 is.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
A 2025r is often called a 1025r with bigger tires. It’s more than that but not much. To me the big advantage of a 2032r is much higher lift capacities on the FEL and the 3 point. Also more pto horsepower which might help with snow blowing. Would I trade up just for snow blowing? No but if you have other needs for a bigger tractor than yes. You can also stick with what you have.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Has anybody ever upgraded & said after, wish I'd have gotten less HP..?

More $$$ always sucks. However, that pain is temporary, & eased by having a machine capable of what you need/want.
I had a 1025R for a little over 4 years. Loved it for the most part. However, I did get frustrated with it's limitations. For a moment or two, I thought about a 2032R. Ended up going with a 3039R, & couldn't be happier. I realize a 3 series is NOT what the OP is looking for. However, the argument is still similar.

Go a little bigger than you think you need. Who has ever built a garage & later thought, wish I'd have gone smaller..?? I think these tractors are a comparable argument. Having more than you need, is better than having less. At least that has been my experience.

Out of the 2025R & 2032R..... definitely go with the 2032. You'll be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Why not 2038R I had two 1025R and now just have the 2038R and I am very happy with it. at the time I think it was 1200$ more, I am glad I waited for it.

Reactions: Viper21

·
Registered
205 Posts
As pointed out the front blower for the 2032/2038 is also a bit bigger with a 59" vs the 54" unit the 1025R uses. Not sure what struggles you had but if it was keeping RPMs up while blowing then you need more power and should look for more power. I have the 2038R with 59" blower and with our recent VERY WET 6" of snow (it really was 6" of slush) I had to slow down to keep the PTO RPMs up. Normally I can just go a full speed with no issue but that was some seriously heavy snow.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As pointed out the front blower for the 2032/2038 is also a bit bigger with a 59" vs the 54" unit the 1025R uses. Not sure what struggles you had but if it was keeping RPMs up while blowing then you need more power and should look for more power. I have the 2038R with 59" blower and with our recent VERY WET 6" of snow (it really was 6" of slush) I had to slow down to keep the PTO RPMs up. Normally I can just go a full speed with no issue but that was some seriously heavy snow.

I have a rear 3 point hitch snow blower for my 1025r. When backing up the drive way, I struggle with traction on a paved incline. I also could use more ground clearance for when i leave the driveway. I live in the snow belt of the great lakes region.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I have a rear 3 point hitch snow blower for my 1025r. When backing up the drive way, I struggle with traction on a paved incline. I also could use more ground clearance for when i leave the driveway. I live in the snow belt of the great lakes region.
What tires do you have, are they modified (grooved/filled?) what ballast are you running front/rear?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the R4's - industrial

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Not sure if it is the gearing or what, but I sure felt like the 2025R handles high range much better then the 1025 handles high range. Low range is also not quite as slow as the 1025R. If it is just the tires that are different then the height changes does seem to have a positive effect.
That said if its a power concern I would look at the 2038R. The 2032R is much larger and heavier, I would think a lot of that aspect is going to cancel out some of that added power. Personally I have had the 1025R, 2025R and the 2038R. My favorite is the 2025R, it took care of all my dislikes of the 1025R and still fits in all the same tight spaces where a smaller machine is best. 2038R is a nice machine, but based on its size if needing something that big, I tend to really prefer the 3039R over the 2038R.

Reactions: ejb14 and PJR832

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not sure if it is the gearing or what, but I sure felt like the 2025R handles high range much better then the 1025 handles high range. Low range is also not quite as slow as the 1025R. If it is just the tires that are different then the height changes does seem to have a positive effect.
That said if its a power concern I would look at the 2038R. The 2032R is much larger and heavier, I would think a lot of that aspect is going to cancel out some of that added power. Personally I have had the 1025R, 2025R and the 2038R. My favorite is the 2025R, it took care of all my dislikes of the 1025R and still fits in all the same tight spaces where a smaller machine is best. 2038R is a nice machine, but based on its size if needing something that big, I tend to really prefer the 3039R over the 2038R.
Tire size likely. But gearing may be different too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Will you be using the same blower? If so make sure it is wide enough to cover your track. Sticking with a rear 3ph blower will be much cheaper and allows you to keep the loader on. If I did not have 1/2 mile to clear I would of gone with a 3ph blower but backing up a 1/2 mile seemed like murder to my neck.

Bigger machine wont solve your traction issues. That is solved with tires and proper weight distribution. Since you are running a 3ph blower are your tires filled? If not you probably need that and if they are you might need wheel weights, and if you have wheels weights, then add chains. If you are still having traction issues then you need to get your climbing gear out cause that is not a driveway but a damn cliff.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts