Green Tractor Talk banner

2025R questions

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  jd1020 
#1 ·
I got a new 2025R a few days ago. Looking at the owners manual I saw a diagram of the dash lights. There is a couple that I am not sure if they should light up or not. One is for the PTO engagement, another is for the tractor being in 4 wheel drive, and the third is for the parking brake being on. The manual looks like they should light up but I suspect its a somewhat generic owners manual and maybe they are not suppose to light up. If I turn the key and don't start it, I can see the dash is working because everything lights up for a second.

One problem I'm experiencing is coming from a Kubota. With it you didn't need to put it in neutral to jump off of it and leave it running. I keep getting up and the thing dies. Yesterday I did put it in neutral but didn't set the brake. Lucky I noticed pretty quickly because it was headed across the yard and in a couple of seconds would have headed downhill into the trees. I got it stopped but not before it crushed a landscape light. The Kubota also worked the exact opposite on the hand throttle. I just have a couple of bad habits I need to break from the Kubota.

#2 ·
I've a gen I 2025R. All those dash lights work on it. Think one of them may not work on gen II. Those owners can chime in. My 4010 (a 2019E by today's naming) did not have any glow plug light but was supposed to. Just had to count a number of seconds after turning the key before turning to start. Put it in 4wd and check that light; should be the lever near your left foot; think forward is "in". Pull up on the parking lever with brakes on, and that light should come on. Pull up on the PTO (or whatever; think there are 2 different kinds now) button, and the PTO light should come on.

Ralph

#5 ·
One problem I'm experiencing is coming from a Kubota. With it you didn't need to put it in neutral to jump off of it and leave it running. I keep getting up and the thing dies.
I'm curious. What model Kubota did you have? Were you the original owner?

I'm guessing it was either a very old model or else a previous owner bypassed the seat switch as for the past 20+ years nearly all small tractors have a seat switch that is usually wired in with a neutral switch as dismounting ANY tractor with the engine running and in gear is a major safety faux pas.

#9 ·
kubota bx

My BX2660 can be dismounted in gear and no brakes locked. Deere makes most things so you have to set the brake to dismount. Probably been sued over safety issues so are building to cover their backside. Kubota will also run the rear PTO with the seat tipped up, does Deere do this? Just curious here. Different manufacturers do different things, some of these are because of getting their butt sued off.

KURTEE

Reactions: rtgt
#10 ·
With my older (2009) 2520 you most definitely can run rear PTO off tractor. Don't know what seat tipped up would have to do with it. Sued or not. IMHO, it's just plain makes good safety sense to have to have tractor in neutral to get off while running! Can you have PTO engaged on the orange one and get off with tractor running? Can't do it on the green one.

#11 ·
The idea is to be able to run just the rear PTO while off the tractor. On kubota you just have to tip the seat up. If you get up while the mid pto is running it would die.

#12 ·
I can start and/or get off of the 3039R with it in gear (range)

There is a process described in the owners manual to get off the tractor with the rear PTO engaged as well. I can't remember the steps because I haven't use it, yet.

#15 ·
Gen 2 2025R does not have a 4wd light. Sometimes wish it did because I go in and out of 4wd quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.