Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people on here posting about the "Quick Hitch" and "Quick Attach" (JD misspells them later one). As far as I understand it the quick attach is for front mounted implements and the Quick Hitch is just a system to attach three point hitches on the back?

Anyways my question is about the front mounts for running a snow blade. I am thinking about buying a 2025r from my local JD dealer. I have the complete setup for the snow blade that came off a 1025r. I understand that the hydraulics and blade will work for both 1025r and 2025r. I see that JD lists BLV10680 for 2025r's Front attaching kit and BLV10796 for the 1025r. Does anyone know what these kits include? Is it just the two "side brackets" and bolts? I have seen other threads from people on here with shims and triangle-shaped brackets? I have the main housing, side brackets, and bottom bracket from the 1025r, but not any triangle-shaped brackets. What is the difference between the two kits? Are the side brackets and missing triangle-shaped brackets the only difference between the two kits?

Could someone post pictures of their 2025r quick attach completely setup?

If is only a couple flat brackets that are the different, I can just fabricate them myself. Would anyone be willing to trace the brackets and send it to me via a pdf?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I know we are talking about different machines, but as I just installed the quick attach to my 1025R, and it says its the same for the 1025R and the 2025R - Search for Instructions - Technical Information Store LVU31283_19

In the directions they showed those triangle brackets....but those were for the x25 series. (I dont know what they mean by that because they didnt come with my kit so, ......beats me)
Im guessing the x25 series uses the same system as the 1 series tractors. From the way I see it, if you have the setup for the 1025R already, it should bolt right up to the 2025R. Hopefully someone else can shed more light on this.

As for the shims, my kit came with 3 and I only used 2 of them. They are very thin and only designed to take our some of the side to side slop. I doubt it would cause any harm at all if they weren't used, to be perfectly honest but hey, I didnt design the system. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I am still a bit confused on the nomenclature. It is a quick attach system, but the unit that attaches to the tractor's bracketry is the quick hitch?

I found another tread on here saying that the brackets are different and the hitch is also different. So I guess if I go with the 2025r I would need to replace them. I might just get the 1025r. I light the idea of having slightly larger tires and a little more lift without going too big, but the 1025r seems to have a much bigger following and support. I acquired a front heavy hitch that looks like it will not work with the 2025r. I know I shouldn't buy something unless I have an immediate use for it. Plans change too often, but it was one of those deals I couldn't pass on.

I have a little time. We do not normally get much snow until December here. I might sell my walk behind blower now though while people are shopping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts