Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.
I'm new to the tractor field, just purchased my first tractor in May. went with the 2025r for the higher and wider stance, also the slight extra loader capacity.

my question is with the front quick hitch, which Im noticing even dealers are having a hard time explaining it.
I got my hands on part BLV10680 which is the front attaching bracket. (picture 1) I have no idea on how to install this I have all sorts of parts with it and can't find any instructions or manuals anywhere online.

if someone can also explain other parts I might need for the front quick hitch that would be great. there seems to be so much on the front for capatibily reasons which is great but knowing what goes with what is a nightmare

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,714 Posts
If you purchased the hitch from a dealer they should be able to print out the installation instructions for you. Below is the exploded parts view which may be some help in determining where the various brackets go.

Attachments

Reactions: raco232 and kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
The 2 silver things are shims. If needed, they go on the outside of the large main bracket #4 (either side), and are held on by a bolt & nut. Size is M8 I think. My QH came with 3, but I only needed to use 1. They shim between bracket #4 and bracket #6.

Bracket #6 on my 1025R gets mounted inside the frame. The 2 bolts holding the grill guard get replaced with longer ones and go through the front 2 holes of bracket #6. The rear 2 holes of bracket #6 get longer bolts also, and the bolts also go through the front draft arm brackets for the mower deck. That's how mine is set up. Your 2025 is probably similar, but I haven't seen one up close, and your tool box in the photo blocks the view. Also, not sure if the tool box stays or has to come off.

Bracket #5 gets bolted to the front of the frame. You have 4 holes in the front there. Line up the bracket to the holes, probably the top 2. The Quick Hitch itself has a pin that will lay in there.

Not much, but a little help.

20191006_200758.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,120 Posts
It's really not that different than the hitch on the 1025r as they share many of the same pieces.

The parts diagrams are always great exploded illustrations of the pieces and I find them helpful.

As if typically the case, assemble the pieces "finger tight' until you get everything in place to help with lining up and getting the bolt holes and spacers to line up.

Quite a few new tractor owners getting a jump on the "winter preparedness". I think this is the 3rd or 4th new thread from new members on this topic I have seen over the last 24 hours.

JeffV4, are you using the front plow or the blower or both? Which size of the implement did you purchase?

Reactions: raco232 and kylew

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you purchased the hitch from a dealer they should be able to print out the installation instructions for you. Below is the exploded parts view which may be some help in determining where the various brackets go.
So I didn’t get it from the dealer. Just found it online For $100 and was told you’ll need this for any quick hitch.

The 2 silver things are shims. If needed, they go on the outside of the large main bracket #4 (either side), and are held on by a bolt & nut. Size is M8 I think. My QH came with 3, but I only needed to use 1. They shim between bracket #4 and bracket #6.

Not much, but a little help.

View attachment 708224
Not much help??? This is tremendous help. Thanks!!!

JeffV4, are you using the front plow or the blower or both? Which size of the implement did you purchase?
I don’t have any implement yet. I will have a snowblower, blade and broom eventually. As for now I think I’m going to start with the blade. Just trying to figure out what matches up with what.

And thanks everyone. I’ve been searching everywhere for help online and at dealers and over night I’ve got the most help from this site.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One last question.

When I slide the main bracket assembky in the slots on the back. Is there supposed to be a rod the slides through it all to hold it up or is that a piece that comes with other parts like the quick hitch itself.

·
Premium Member
12,714 Posts
One last question.

When I slide the main bracket assembky in the slots on the back. Is there supposed to be a rod the slides through it all to hold it up or is that a piece that comes with other parts like the quick hitch itself.
As strange as it seems, the rod that hold the quick hitch adapter up appears to be included with the Quik-Tatch assembly (see item in yellow).

I still can't figure out what those triangular side plates are for.

Attachments

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Correct, the rod comes with the Quick Hitch itself and not the adapter bracket kit. Silly isn't it? You can't finish installing the adapter without that rod.

I don't know what the triangle brackets are for either. I thought it was something different between the 1025 and the 2025. Maybe they're for a different model tractor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts