Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best tiller for your money to put behind a 2025r . Tilling lawn for garden and what size. Thank you

·
Registered
396 Posts
It's hard to beat the KK on value for the money. I personally wanted something alittle bigger and went with the Woods TS52. I've had zero issues with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I was easily able to handle a 5' Tiller on my 1023E. If you can afford it, go with a 5 footer. I bought a 4' Kubota from CL due to price at the time. I upgraded to a new County Line from TSC when I bought the 4105. I absolutely love the County Line. KK'S are about the same build and quality of the County Line. Get one (either one) on sale. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I was easily able to handle a 5' Tiller on my 1023E. If you can afford it, go with a 5 footer. I bought a 4' Kubota from CL due to price at the time. I upgraded to a new County Line from TSC when I bought the 4105. I absolutely love the County Line. KK'S are about the same build and quality of the County Line. Get one (either one) on sale. You won't be disappointed.
I would have recommended the 5'er, however I had it on my old 2210 and 2305 and in most soils here just didn't have the HP to run it effectively. In pure black dirt that was a garden for years it worked on the 2210/2305.

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
What is the best tiller for your money to put behind a 2025r . Tilling lawn for garden and what size. Thank you
How's your soil? Clean, rich, flat or boney / rocky? I'd say depending upon the soil and what you plan on doing you're looking at between 48" & 60" width. Myself, I'm planning on purchasing a 60" King Kutter Professional and using it on both the 2320 and 3320.

King Kutter 5' Professional Gear Driven Rotary Tiller TG-G-60-JP by King Kutter Inc for $1,649.99 in King Kutter - Brands : Rural King

Speaking of tillers, here's a video that will impress. A bit larger than you need but quite the piece of machinery!

Tractor Construction Road - Tractor Media

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I would have recommended the 5'er, however I had it on my old 2210 and 2305 and in most soils here just didn't have the HP to run it effectively. In pure black dirt that was a garden for years it worked on the 2210/2305.
I must have been just lucky then. I tilled up new, clay soil with the rented 5 footer and had no issues. But again, maybe that was luck. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Myself, I'm planning on purchasing a 60" King Kutter Professional and using it on both the 2320 and 3320.

You gonna hire yourself out with that? :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
You gonna hire yourself out with that? :laugh:
No. Not planning on it. Just turf renovation, garden plot and reclaiming some cleared land and extending the lawn in a few areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
Cool video. The "tiller" that does the 1st reduction has bits/cutters that look like those on a continuous miner, used in underground coal mining.
HA!-OLDMANX-I was wondering and thinking the same thing when I saw them bits. and I wondered if them bits could possible be from Kennametal products-here from Bedford,PA. they make a lot of bits just like that for mining coal under ground.

Reactions: Superglidesport
1 - 11 of 11 Posts