Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed this yesterday. Sorry for the poor pics. If was just one place I’d assume I would have ran over something but it is dead center every lug on the right rear tire. And to cause these I would have had to be spinning in reverse. I have seen other threads where the tire size was taller or wider. I think mine are the same size. My loader is even. I’m going to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t deteriorate any more. If so I’ll have to contact dealer for the 5th time. I’d say they hate to see me coming now. I’ve had lots of gremlins. I read that it would be an issue with the tire manufacturer not the dealer tho. So I’ll have to see if it gets any worse. The rubber feels kind of gritty not real springy. IMG_9980.jpg IMG_9981.jpg IMG_9982.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
It looks to me that you spun the tires, in forward & reverse, on a sharp object. That is not something I would worry about.
I am sure there are several of those on my tractor tires.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks to me that you spun the tires, in forward & reverse, on a sharp object. That is not something I would worry about.
I am sure there are several of those on my tractor tires.
I hope your right. Just know there have been few tire issues. It’s minimal damage as long as it doesn’t get any worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
Yup, nothing to worry about. If you use your tractor, this will happen. Go look at any used tractor, they will be the same. The tires aren’t road-going and therefore don’t wear or act the same way. So tire inspecting on tractors is not the same. Expect more defects as you use them especially during ground engagement work or loader work. :good2:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Looks like you spun the tires on gravel or in rocky ground. Mine are like that too. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I will agree with everyone about tire wear occuring, and this being somewhat normal in certain circumstances.
My initial worry was that his description of the tire, and now seeing the pictures, looks just like mine did. There was a known issue apparently with the assembly of some tires of this size. Mine were replaced because of this.
Now, his isnt exactly like my situation, as he says both of his tires appear to be the same size.

Ill upload some pictures shortly to show my tires side by side.

Personally, Id still contact Carlisle about the tire warranty, but thats just me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts