Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a new member thanks for having me

I have a question if somebody could help.
I have a 2025r that I parked 3 days ago and everything was working the only problem was I left the key on and the battery was dead. Charge the battery this morning and went to start it. It turns over but won't fire up. I check the coolant level seems to be the only issue that might be the problem it slow and I'm wondering if that would prevent it from starting up. If not does somebody have any suggestions as to what to do?

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
Do you hear the constant ticking of the fuel lift pump when the key is turned on?

Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
14,862 Posts
Have battery tested ,,it is probably bad, then get a new battery.

Or just buy a new battery

:dunno:

Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Try hooking up some jumper cables from your vehicle to the tractor battery. If it starts, your battery is to weak. If it goes completely dead, it'll really degrade the battery capacity significantly.

Also remember that when you first turn the key to run, the glow plugs activate. Those draw a LOT of current.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,754 Posts
Try hooking up some jumper cables from your vehicle to the tractor battery. If it starts, your battery is to weak. If it goes completely dead, it'll really degrade the battery capacity significantly.

Also remember that when you first turn the key to run, the glow plugs activate. Those draw a LOT of current.
Everyone should have one of these...

JNC300XL-1.jpg

·
Registered
23,002 Posts

These batteries thend to get an internal short. When they go jumping or charging them just won’t work. The only way to tell for sure is with a battery load tester or with a multimeter. With a meter you test the voltage WHILE turning the key to start. If the voltage drops below 10v or so the battery is done.

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
These batteries thend to get an internal short. When they go jumping or charging them just won’t work. The only way to tell for sure is with a battery load tester or with a multimeter. With a meter you test the voltage WHILE turning the key to start. If the voltage drops below 10v or so the battery is done.
The OP originally said the tractor turns over but will not start. Normally, with battery issues the tractor doesn’t turn over at all.

I haven’t seen anything from the OP since his original post.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
The OP originally said the tractor turns over but will not start. Normally, with battery issues the tractor doesn’t turn over at all.

I haven’t seen anything from the OP since his original post.
Probably because he put fuel in it and has tractored on.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do you have long legs? I once kicked the fuel valve unknowingly on my 1025R lemon. Need longer legs to do this on the 2025R but worth checking.

Ralph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts