Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I thought I was going to trade. After using a 3032E that my dealer let me play with, I'm least impressed. The loader has marginal to weak curl back, worse than what I thought. I could actually barely move logs with forks that I once moved with my 2025R if you can believe it.

It almost feels like my 2025R is more "powerful" because of way more rollback even though it lifts less if that makes sense. I'm disappointed. Granted, my pump on my 2025R is set to peak, 2250 PSI and I am unsure about the 3032E but still..

I think my plans have changed. I may just keep the 2025R for now. Thing is a little beast and it rose up a notch in my belt.

Reactions: PJR832 and rgd

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
That was what I was curious about in the previous thread. It is interesting to see a direct comparison as to what the numbers mean in the real world.

What is the physical size difference between them. Such as length and height?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was what I was curious about in the previous thread. It is interesting to see a direct comparison as to what the numbers mean in the real world.

What is the physical size difference between them. Such as length and height?
I am amazed on how rollback affects lift. Not being able to transfer weight closer to the pivot is huge, that's all I know! I tested it first hand.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I am amazed on how rollback affects lift. Not being able to transfer weight closer to the pivot is huge, that's all I know! I tested it first hand.
That kind of makes sense. The lift capacity is at the pin. If it is out farther leverage works against you.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I seem to recall TTWT had a video demonstrating either a 3032e or 3038e and if I remember correctly the loader performance was pathetic.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I seem to recall TTWT had a video demonstrating either a 3032e or 3038e and if I remember correctly the loader performance was pathetic.
I think Goodworks did a comparison of 2025R vs 2038R vs 3025e and showed that the 2038R is more capable than the 3025e.
If you’re looking to step up from the 2025, the 2032 or 2038 is the way to go unless you jump to the 3039r.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think Goodworks did a comparison of 2025R vs 2038R vs 3025e and showed that the 2038R is more capable than the 3025e.
If you’re looking to step up from the 2025, the 2032 or 2038 is the way to go unless you jump to the 3039r.
Ya think? There is only a 13 hp difference, it better be more capable. For those of you who continue to bash the E series tractors, you don't know what you're talking about.
The loader on the E series will lift way more than the smaller machines. I know because I've had them both. As with a lot of things nowadays, it's fake news.

As for the 2032R and the 2038R, I would never buy one of these. Unless of course you want your machine to be at the dealer, for God knows how long, on a regular basis,
because the deck is locked up. Of course if it's under warranty you only lose a month or so of use every time it happens...not the money. If your not under warranty, you my
friend are **** out of luck. You're out $1500 and the time you're machine is down EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS, which is quite often. Quite frankly, this rules out these machines
completely.

All of us E series owners just sit back and laugh, knowing that we bought the best bang for the buck in the entire Deere lineup, while completely performing all that we need
them to do. A strong, simple tractor that does not break down.

·
Premium Member
13,828 Posts
Wow man, settle down, he simply made an observation based on his experience with both machines.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
My 2038 never breaks down. Never. I’m sure eventually it will. But what tractor doesn’t. Buy the one you like. No big deal. I think people compare them to the 3R’s and then get disappointed. Deere should have gave them their own number system. People wouldn’t be so disappointed.

·
Registered
431 Posts
And I made an observation
Wow man, settle down, he simply made an observation based on his experience with both machines.
And I made an observation based on OWNING both machines, not trying one out for a day or two.
BTW, was I talking to you? Have you bashed the E series?.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My 2038 never breaks down. Never. I’m sure eventually it will. But what tractor doesn’t. Buy the one you like. No big deal. I think people compare them to the 3R’s and then get disappointed. Deere should have gave them their own number system. People wouldn’t be so disappointed.
Do you have MMM on your machine? That would explain it.

·
Premium Member
10,133 Posts
I don't think anyone is "bashing" another machine, just pointing out things that make a difference to them.

12dbsinad noticed a difference between his machine and a loaner and posted his thoughts. I don't think he said anything bad about the 3E, but rather he found something about his tractor that he didn't realize till he had this opportunity.

I remember when I got caught up in the 'New wonderfully redesigned awesomely ergonomic magical 2R's vs. the Old outdated cumbersome painfully pathetic 3R's' discussion. After reading the umpteenth post about how the new wonder child made the 3R look like a has been antique I got a little miffed and I might have made a reply or two telling the new kids on the block to go stuff it, cause I really like the 3R and I got a little butt rash over them putting it down.

Then I realized they just liked their new toy as much as I did mine and they weren't really bashing the bigger better 3R, they were just dreaming out loud. (see what I did there....
)

We all should be proud of the toys we have in the barn. Fun is in the seat, not the decal on the side. They make E's, M's, & R's because there is a market and a place for each one.

It really doesn't matter if you have an xxxxE or an xxxxR - you have a John Deere and if it suits your needs it is a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m not bashing the 3E. I just posted a observation about the roll back. It’s well known that it could be better for that size loader. The rest of the machine is nice I like the redesign for sure.
You can relax nobody is bashing anything. Each model has some things people don’t like, it’s no big deal. Your 3025E is still a awesome machine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I remember watching that and laughing, it’s all in how you use the equipment. While Tim barely could move dirt with the 3032e my 3025e dug out a walkout basement 50x40 in hard pack dirt, I can easily get a full bucket of dirt or gravel and move it around without issue. Unloaded a 900lb sawmill off a flatbed semi with it as well. The 30xxe series is very capable but sometimes people find it easier to have more power and that’s ok as well, just costs more.

6B8709EA-A3FE-408F-8EB6-3A6DE09C53B3.jpeg

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I remember watching that and laughing, it’s all in how you use the equipment.
From testing on the 1R, 2R, and 3e, I have been able to verify that the Deere published specs are quite accurate.

Looking at the specs. You will see that the ‘boom breakout force’ is lower on the 3e than on the 1025r.
1335lb vs 1204lb. This is the amount the boom will lift at ground level.
Additionally, the ‘bucket rollback force’ of the 120r beats the 300e. 1659lb vs 1422lb. The 220r shines in this category, at 2138lb. From experience, the rollback is definitely weaker on the 3e than 1r and 2r.

As you lift the loader, 300e begins to outperform the 120r and 220r with better lift capacity at full height.

No one is arguing that you cannot do real work with any of these machines. So, no need to be offended.

I pointed out in my video that the 300e didn’t seem to have as much boom breakout or rollback power as the 1 series.

Doesn’t matter to me if you laughed at it. I observed the behavior, then later looked it up in the specs, validating my observation.

My frustration is that folks buying 3e’s might THINK they are getting a more powerful tractor than the 2R.
This is not the case. The numbering on these tractors is misleading. One would be more accurate in viewing the 2R as a 3M. Alternatively, think of the 3e as a 2e or 2m.

The 3R’s are dramatically different in power and capabilities. Not even close to the 3e.

Again, glad you love your 3e. It will do lots of work.
...and If you knew that the 2R loader was more powerful at time of purchase, then you based your decision on facts. Some buyers think 3 > 2, so I must be getting more tractor.

Tim

·
Registered
182 Posts
From testing on the 1R, 2R, and 3e, I have been able to verify that the Deere published specs are quite accurate.

Looking at the specs. You will see that the ‘boom breakout force’ is lower on the 3e than on the 1025r.
1335lb vs 1204lb. This is the amount the boom will lift at ground level.
Additionally, the ‘bucket rollback force’ of the 120r beats the 300e. 1659lb vs 1422lb. The 220r shines in this category, at 2138lb. From experience, the rollback is definitely weaker on the 3e than 1r and 2r.

As you lift the loader, 300e begins to outperform the 120r and 220r with better lift capacity at full height.

No one is arguing that you cannot do real work with any of these machines. So, no need to be offended.

I pointed out in my video that the 300e didn’t seem to have as much boom breakout or rollback power as the 1 series.

Doesn’t matter to me if you laughed at it. I observed the behavior, then later looked it up in the specs, validating my observation.

My frustration is that folks buying 3e’s might THINK they are getting a more powerful tractor than the 2R.
This is not the case. The numbering on these tractors is misleading. One would be more accurate in viewing the 2R as a 3M. Alternatively, think of the 3e as a 2e or 2m.

The 3R’s are dramatically different in power and capabilities. Not even close to the 3e.

Again, glad you love your 3e. It will do lots of work.
...and If you knew that the 2R loader was more powerful at time of purchase, then you based your decision on facts. Some buyers think 3 > 2, so I must be getting more tractor.

Tim
You adjust your work style to the weak parts of your tools, no one tool is perfect but if you know this, it’s easy to work around. The 30xxe series is more capable then what most operators will ever do. I could of easily dug that basement with a bigger tractor or excavator, but just spending a little more time and still being able to get full buckets of dirt, I had zero issues doing it other then it took a little longer, doubt a 1 series or smaller 2 series could of been as efficient at the job as the 3025e was. I spent a little more time on the E series actually using it vs looking at specs, is it perfect nope, but once you realize what it is, it’s very efficient and work style will adapt to the tool.

I’m not knocking your test or video, just saying you didn’t spend a year or more behind it like you did the 1 series. Put 100hrs on a 3025E series tractor and I bet your opinion changes vs the 1025 or 2025, except for mowing, but why would you if you get to play with more then one 😉, Also depends which 2 series your talking about as the 3025e is more powerful then the 2025 and 1025, so in that engine configuration they are getting a more powerful tractor.

But also look at the price diff of the 3r and the larger frame more powerful 2 series, it’s not small. If one can save a few thousand, they can still make due, the strongest can be better but the other will still get the job done and usually cheaper and not much slower.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I for one am glad that all of this info is being mentioned here, I wish I had known it when I was looking at tractors.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I bought my 2038 for horsepower. Not for the loader, for the rear implements. I wanted to run larger cutters and a good size tiller. Horsepower has NOTHING to do with loader capability. That’s hydraulics. You could run 3000 pounds of loader lift with a 15 horsepower engine if set up right. The post saying that all of us 2 series idiots wasted our money is silly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought my 2038 for horsepower. Not for the loader, for the rear implements. I wanted to run larger cutters and a good size tiller. Horsepower has NOTHING to do with loader capability. That’s hydraulics. You could run 3000 pounds of loader lift with a 15 horsepower engine if set up right. The post saying that all of us 2 series idiots wasted our money is silly.
No one said you wasted your money, you went with what suited your needs, just gets old hearing how incapable the E series is, it’s as capable as the operator within its limits and they all get the job done.

Also the 2038R is not even close to the same tractor as the 2025R the thread was started on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The UK and Europe specs are a little different, but I agree the e series is good unit and does fit between a 2r and 3r.

I think of my 3e as a larger wheeled version of the 2r and has advantages because of that.

Incidentally only the 3038e is available in the uk now, but our specs and options are a little different.

equally we use flail mowers a fair bit and the 38e copes easily with the1.6m flail.

with loaders, I think you can always wish for more power, we don’t have artilian stuff here unfortunately, so the pallet fork frame is more robust which takes lift out of the capacity, all those factors need to be considered.

we shouldn’t forget the cost, there’s a lot more cost in the 3r here for not much more spec, the 2r isn’t much better, better money for additional toys?!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts