Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I think this thread has been taken way out of context.
The OP didn’t say the 3E is not a good tractor, just that it has marginally less curl back on the FEL. Tim’s video did a great job of illustrating this, and the specs agreed.
I don’t think anyone is saying that the 3E is a bad choice, we learn to work with what we have.
Too each their own, let’s have a beer and get back to tractoring, with whatever tractor you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
No one said you wasted your money, you went with what suited your needs, just gets old hearing how incapable the E series is, it’s as capable as the operator within its limits and they all get the job done.

Also the 2038R is not even close to the same tractor as the 2025R the thread was started on.
I agree. I wasn’t talking about your post, someone else’s above yours. There is no bad tractor. It is all about need. That simple. The E series fits a need and fits it well.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Too each their own, let’s have a beer and get back to tractoring, with whatever tractor you have.
Best suggestion yet. I don‘t have either a 2 or 3 series, but my neighbor has a 2025R and my friend has a 3025e. Both love their tractors. Now, it’s nearly happy hour here. Cheers 🥃

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is it that time of the month around GTT or what?

There, somebody had to say it :p

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
We get snippy every once and a while round here. It il pass!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is the most fun and friendly forum I have ever participated in. This thread ain't nothing compared to the dumpster fires I've seen.

It's because the theme is simple, we all LOVE green tractors no matter what they are. We all LOVE seat time. I enjoy watching TTWT and Pat and everyone else post tractor vids on youtube!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Pfft. Try owning an older 70 series machine. No love round here. LOL
I really wish it had a cup holder like all these new machines get. I get goofy stares when my neighbors see me still rockin the the double beer can hat.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Pfft. Try owning an older 70 series machine. No love round here. LOL
I really wish it had a cup holder like all these new machines get. I get goofy stares when my neighbors see me still rockin the the double beer can hat.
Yeah but beer can hat frees up the hands

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
3E series do have less "Break out force" than a 220R loader, BUt the loader IS higher off the ground.
So far, I have seen 5 E series come with pressure below spec. A Guage from Kens Bolt on Hooks can show you what you need to know. With the 3E series optional 43 inch tires, I never, ever get high centered on any snow banks, or gravel banks.
Ground clearance is a BIG deal for me, but not for the guys with mid mounts ( I have owned a few)
I can take 1/2 Long ton ( roughly 1140 lbs ) of COAL off my truck, on a pallet, with Artillian Forks ( 42 inch)
No problem... I can pick it up about a foot off the ground if I need to move it.
Added arm rests and a BLI, and Hyd Line guard ( 300cx loader) and lights and its a great and inexpensive tool.
The 30XXE series is a Compact tractor and has a nice short turning radius. Takes up less room length in the garage than a 2038R .
Its a Great tool that HAS a market. The numbers built and sold are staggering, even used ones...
Ask Courtney... second most popular tractor he sells, and he doesnt care for them much.
Haha!!
Its ALL Greenery :0 :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I seem to recall TTWT had a video demonstrating either a 3032e or 3038e and if I remember correctly the loader performance was pathetic.
It is rated to lift 1184 lbs and I believe it meets that or is pretty close to it. I know the 3R is rated higher and I think the 2038R is as well, at least the new generation. The 2038R is a pretty robust tractor and pretty close in size to the 3 series.

I wouldn't call it pathetic because it lifts a lot more than the SCUT I upgraded from. It is an E series tractor so JD wasn't going to have this out lift the 3R. I have maxed out my FEL with my 3E but I usually try to lift stuff I have no business lifting anyways.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
From testing on the 1R, 2R, and 3e, I have been able to verify that the Deere published specs are quite accurate.

Looking at the specs. You will see that the ‘boom breakout force’ is lower on the 3e than on the 1025r.
1335lb vs 1204lb. This is the amount the boom will lift at ground level.
Additionally, the ‘bucket rollback force’ of the 120r beats the 300e. 1659lb vs 1422lb. The 220r shines in this category, at 2138lb. From experience, the rollback is definitely weaker on the 3e than 1r and 2r.

As you lift the loader, 300e begins to outperform the 120r and 220r with better lift capacity at full height.

No one is arguing that you cannot do real work with any of these machines. So, no need to be offended.

I pointed out in my video that the 300e didn’t seem to have as much boom breakout or rollback power as the 1 series.

Doesn’t matter to me if you laughed at it. I observed the behavior, then later looked it up in the specs, validating my observation.

My frustration is that folks buying 3e’s might THINK they are getting a more powerful tractor than the 2R.
This is not the case. The numbering on these tractors is misleading. One would be more accurate in viewing the 2R as a 3M. Alternatively, think of the 3e as a 2e or 2m.

The 3R’s are dramatically different in power and capabilities. Not even close to the 3e.

Again, glad you love your 3e. It will do lots of work.
...and If you knew that the 2R loader was more powerful at time of purchase, then you based your decision on facts. Some buyers think 3 > 2, so I must be getting more tractor.

Tim
I agree with your assessment and comments on the R vs E issue. Buyers really need to read the specs of everything on the tractor they want. Engine HP has very little do with the hydraulic power so you need to pay attention to everything. I settled for a 3E series tractor because I needed something better than my 2210 but didn't want to tie up a lot of money. I would have loved to have the 3R but couldn't bring myself to spend the extra money since really the only thing the 3R had that I wanted was more FEL capability. The 2R didn't have enough ground clearance for me since I run around in the woods with my tractor. I like the fact that JD salami slices the market like this as it gives the consumer a lot of choice. Eventually I might get a 3R series but my 3E has done right by me so far.

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
3E series do have less "Break out force" than a 220R loader, BUt the loader IS higher off the ground
2038r...

Lifts to the same height
Lifted more weight higher
Tractor weighed more than the e series
Had a longer wheel base
3 point lift is identical

But cost is more.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts