Green Tractor Talk banner

2025R VS 3025E loader

14K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Big 
#1 ·
Well, I thought I was going to trade. After using a 3032E that my dealer let me play with, I'm least impressed. The loader has marginal to weak curl back, worse than what I thought. I could actually barely move logs with forks that I once moved with my 2025R if you can believe it.

It almost feels like my 2025R is more "powerful" because of way more rollback even though it lifts less if that makes sense. I'm disappointed. Granted, my pump on my 2025R is set to peak, 2250 PSI and I am unsure about the 3032E but still..

I think my plans have changed. I may just keep the 2025R for now. Thing is a little beast and it rose up a notch in my belt.

Reactions: PJR832 and rgd
#2 ·
That was what I was curious about in the previous thread. It is interesting to see a direct comparison as to what the numbers mean in the real world.

What is the physical size difference between them. Such as length and height?

#3 ·
I am amazed on how rollback affects lift. Not being able to transfer weight closer to the pivot is huge, that's all I know! I tested it first hand.

Reactions: PJR832
#5 ·
I seem to recall TTWT had a video demonstrating either a 3032e or 3038e and if I remember correctly the loader performance was pathetic.

#6 ·
I think Goodworks did a comparison of 2025R vs 2038R vs 3025e and showed that the 2038R is more capable than the 3025e.
If you’re looking to step up from the 2025, the 2032 or 2038 is the way to go unless you jump to the 3039r.

#8 ·
Wow man, settle down, he simply made an observation based on his experience with both machines.

#10 ·
And I made an observation

And I made an observation based on OWNING both machines, not trying one out for a day or two.
BTW, was I talking to you? Have you bashed the E series?.

#9 ·
My 2038 never breaks down. Never. I’m sure eventually it will. But what tractor doesn’t. Buy the one you like. No big deal. I think people compare them to the 3R’s and then get disappointed. Deere should have gave them their own number system. People wouldn’t be so disappointed.

#11 ·
Do you have MMM on your machine? That would explain it.

#12 ·
I don't think anyone is "bashing" another machine, just pointing out things that make a difference to them.

12dbsinad noticed a difference between his machine and a loaner and posted his thoughts. I don't think he said anything bad about the 3E, but rather he found something about his tractor that he didn't realize till he had this opportunity.

I remember when I got caught up in the 'New wonderfully redesigned awesomely ergonomic magical 2R's vs. the Old outdated cumbersome painfully pathetic 3R's' discussion. After reading the umpteenth post about how the new wonder child made the 3R look like a has been antique I got a little miffed and I might have made a reply or two telling the new kids on the block to go stuff it, cause I really like the 3R and I got a little butt rash over them putting it down.

Then I realized they just liked their new toy as much as I did mine and they weren't really bashing the bigger better 3R, they were just dreaming out loud. (see what I did there....
)

We all should be proud of the toys we have in the barn. Fun is in the seat, not the decal on the side. They make E's, M's, & R's because there is a market and a place for each one.

It really doesn't matter if you have an xxxxE or an xxxxR - you have a John Deere and if it suits your needs it is a beautiful thing.

#13 ·
I’m not bashing the 3E. I just posted a observation about the roll back. It’s well known that it could be better for that size loader. The rest of the machine is nice I like the redesign for sure.
You can relax nobody is bashing anything. Each model has some things people don’t like, it’s no big deal. Your 3025E is still a awesome machine.

#17 ·
I for one am glad that all of this info is being mentioned here, I wish I had known it when I was looking at tractors.

#18 ·
I bought my 2038 for horsepower. Not for the loader, for the rear implements. I wanted to run larger cutters and a good size tiller. Horsepower has NOTHING to do with loader capability. That’s hydraulics. You could run 3000 pounds of loader lift with a 15 horsepower engine if set up right. The post saying that all of us 2 series idiots wasted our money is silly.

#19 ·
No one said you wasted your money, you went with what suited your needs, just gets old hearing how incapable the E series is, it’s as capable as the operator within its limits and they all get the job done.

Also the 2038R is not even close to the same tractor as the 2025R the thread was started on.

#20 · (Edited)
The UK and Europe specs are a little different, but I agree the e series is good unit and does fit between a 2r and 3r.

I think of my 3e as a larger wheeled version of the 2r and has advantages because of that.

Incidentally only the 3038e is available in the uk now, but our specs and options are a little different.

equally we use flail mowers a fair bit and the 38e copes easily with the1.6m flail.

with loaders, I think you can always wish for more power, we don’t have artilian stuff here unfortunately, so the pallet fork frame is more robust which takes lift out of the capacity, all those factors need to be considered.

we shouldn’t forget the cost, there’s a lot more cost in the 3r here for not much more spec, the 2r isn’t much better, better money for additional toys?!

#21 ·
I think this thread has been taken way out of context.
The OP didn’t say the 3E is not a good tractor, just that it has marginally less curl back on the FEL. Tim’s video did a great job of illustrating this, and the specs agreed.
I don’t think anyone is saying that the 3E is a bad choice, we learn to work with what we have.
Too each their own, let’s have a beer and get back to tractoring, with whatever tractor you have. [emoji482][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Too each their own, let’s have a beer and get back to tractoring, with whatever tractor you have.
Best suggestion yet. I don‘t have either a 2 or 3 series, but my neighbor has a 2025R and my friend has a 3025e. Both love their tractors. Now, it’s nearly happy hour here. Cheers 🥃

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832
#26 ·
We get snippy every once and a while round here. It il pass!

#27 ·
This is the most fun and friendly forum I have ever participated in. This thread ain't nothing compared to the dumpster fires I've seen.

It's because the theme is simple, we all LOVE green tractors no matter what they are. We all LOVE seat time. I enjoy watching TTWT and Pat and everyone else post tractor vids on youtube!

#28 ·
Pfft. Try owning an older 70 series machine. No love round here. LOL
I really wish it had a cup holder like all these new machines get. I get goofy stares when my neighbors see me still rockin the the double beer can hat.

#29 ·
Pfft. Try owning an older 70 series machine. No love round here. LOL
I really wish it had a cup holder like all these new machines get. I get goofy stares when my neighbors see me still rockin the the double beer can hat.
Yeah but beer can hat frees up the hands

#31 ·
3E series do have less "Break out force" than a 220R loader, BUt the loader IS higher off the ground.
So far, I have seen 5 E series come with pressure below spec. A Guage from Kens Bolt on Hooks can show you what you need to know. With the 3E series optional 43 inch tires, I never, ever get high centered on any snow banks, or gravel banks.
Ground clearance is a BIG deal for me, but not for the guys with mid mounts ( I have owned a few)
I can take 1/2 Long ton ( roughly 1140 lbs ) of COAL off my truck, on a pallet, with Artillian Forks ( 42 inch)
No problem... I can pick it up about a foot off the ground if I need to move it.
Added arm rests and a BLI, and Hyd Line guard ( 300cx loader) and lights and its a great and inexpensive tool.
The 30XXE series is a Compact tractor and has a nice short turning radius. Takes up less room length in the garage than a 2038R .
Its a Great tool that HAS a market. The numbers built and sold are staggering, even used ones...
Ask Courtney... second most popular tractor he sells, and he doesnt care for them much.
Haha!!
Its ALL Greenery :0 :)

#34 ·
3E series do have less "Break out force" than a 220R loader, BUt the loader IS higher off the ground
2038r...

Lifts to the same height
Lifted more weight higher
Tractor weighed more than the e series
Had a longer wheel base
3 point lift is identical

But cost is more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.