Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. While fixing a fuel issue, I found the pictured relay flopping about near the fuel pump.
It appears to have been attached to something in the past, but I can’t tell where.
My display was replaced a while back, so I assume this is from that.

Anyone care to pull the left side cover and snap a picture of theirs?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Generically speaking, you want it upright with the bolt hole on the top so that if it ran through some water,it would leak down out of the relay.
As for specifically where it goes, and not having a diagram, Id simply remove any corresponding bolt that the hole will line up with (provided you arent pulling the wires tight) and just reattach it there.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generically speaking, you want it upright with the bolt hole on the top so that if it ran through some water,it would leak down out of the relay.
As for specifically where it goes, and not having a diagram, Id simply remove any corresponding bolt that the hole will line up with (provided you arent pulling the wires tight) and just reattach it there.
Been working with relays for near 30 years now, so I understand what you are saying.
Id just rather know where its supposed to go. Cant seem to figure it out as there isnt anything obvious around there where it looks like it belongs if that makes sense.
Sometimes the way the wires take a set helps, but in this case, not so much.
I may sit down with the owners manual and service manual and see if there is a random shot of it somewhere in there.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Hi,

It would appear to mount under the left side of the dash (as the operator would sit on the machine). The top of the relay mounts on the other side of this bolt:

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,907 Posts
Been working with relays for near 30 years now, so I understand what you are saying.
Id just rather know where its supposed to go. Cant seem to figure it out as there isnt anything obvious around there where it looks like it belongs if that makes sense.
Sometimes the way the wires take a set helps, but in this case, not so much.
I may sit down with the owners manual and service manual and see if there is a random shot of it somewhere in there.
If I get time tomorrow I’ll did through the tech manual, is it possible that it for the optional independent lift??

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I get time tomorrow I’ll did through the tech manual, is it possible that it for the optional independent lift??

According to the manual, it looks to be either the starter relay or fuel pump relay. Id guess fuel pump, but didnt follow the wires.

Thanks for the pictures guys! Ill put it back where it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts