Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have problem with my 79-mod 2030 hydraulics. Nothing is working :-( . I have replaced filter, screen and oil. Have also demounted and lubricated the bypass valve (just above the filter). I have read in other topics that the stroke control valve (number 24 in picture) might be next to check, but how to check this? Do I need to take out the whole pump, due to that this valve is located in the bottom of the pump, or is it possible to take out from top?

Grateful for every tip :)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Welcome to GTT
What other type of diagnostics have you performed besides what you mentioned? Does trans pump supply 5 gpm of oil to frt pump? Does your tractor have a FEL? If so what type of control valve does it have? Does this tractor have options of hyd hi-lo &'or hyd IPTO?

The valve bolted to outside of trans case in vicinity of hyd filter isn't a bypass valve but a is a priority valve that is designed to give power steering priority oil pressure over other hyd functions.

In reference to stroke control valve inspection one could view the condition of it's seating area to be sure it's smooth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to GTT
What other type of diagnostics have you performed besides what you mentioned? Does trans pump supply 5 gpm of oil to frt pump? Does your tractor have a FEL? If so what type of control valve does it have? Does this tractor have options of hyd hi-lo &'or hyd IPTO?

The valve bolted to outside of trans case in vicinity of hyd filter isn't a bypass valve but a is a priority valve that is designed to give power steering priority oil pressure over other hyd functions.

In reference to stroke control valve inspection one could view the condition of it's seating area to be sure it's smooth.
Hi,

The tractor have a FEL, see picture of valve central. It does not have hi/low gear, neighter hydraulic PTO.
The rear pump gives oil to front pump, yes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I think he meant the filter bypass valve
2030filterreliefvalve.JPG

Reactions: StiM

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I would also check the front pump drive. Make sure the front pump is being driven.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Hi, I have problem with my 79-mod 2030 hydraulics. Nothing is working :-( . I have replaced filter, screen and oil. Have also demounted and lubricated the bypass valve (just above the filter). I have read in other topics that the stroke control valve (number 24 in picture) might be next to check, but how to check this? Do I need to take out the whole pump, due to that this valve is located in the bottom of the pump, or is it possible to take out from top?

Grateful for every tip :)

View attachment 785736
key 46 looks like a filter or screen. Have you checked it?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'll suggest when you get pomp to build pressure to disconnect FEL control valve return hose from tractor & plug orifice it was attached to> With FEL control levers in neutral aim open hose in tractor hyd filler then start engine & no oil should exit open hose. If oil exits hose FEL control valve needs attention

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
key 46 looks like a filter or screen. Have you checked it?
I will check that today, but do I need to drain all oil (in rear part) again, or is it only the reservoir tank in front which will come out of filter plug hole? What's the easiest way to drain that tank?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll suggest when you get pomp to build pressure to disconnect FEL control valve return hose from tractor & plug orifice it was attached to> With FEL control levers in neutral aim open hose in tractor hyd filler then start engine & no oil should exit open hose. If oil exits hose FEL control valve needs attention
This I will give a try today (y)

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I will check that today, but do I need to drain all oil (in rear part) again, or is it only the reservoir tank in front which will come out of filter plug hole? What's the easiest way to drain that tank?
You do not need to drain the rear (transmission). No idea easiest way to drain reservoir.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have had some days away from the green one, but started with fault searhing again today. Have just taken out the stroke conrol valve. Is looking pretty ok. Will check filter on pump next

20210508_154945.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts