Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received any updates on if/when these may be coming out? We recently moved, and I have a much larger driveway so snow removal with my open-station 2320 is not as much fun as it used to be. I'd like to stay in the 2xxx family if possible, so a factory cab in that series would be really nice.
thanks in advance for replies.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have been in direct contact with Mauser-Cab on this subject a number of times. Unfortunately they are not currently selling, or planning to sell these cabs as an aftermarket product. John Deere is also not selling these cabs as an after-sale add-on. It is my understanding that the cabs can only be purchased from JD when ordering a 2036R and the tractor will come from the factory with the cab installed. No one has offered any explanation as to the reasoning behind this. I suspect it has to do with marketing strategy for the entire line of compacts. I even went as far as to contact a JD dealer in the UK to see if they can get me a cab and ship it to the US, but alas, they cannot purchase cabs from either JD or Mauser-Cab...

Your only hope is to purchase an aftermarket cab, or go to Europe and purchase a 2036R-Cab Tractor and have it shipped over to the US. I'm sure you would be the first and only Gen 2 2-series in the US with a Mauser-Cab installed, minus of course the factory built 2036Rs that JD produces in Augusta Georgia and have not yet shipped out to Europe.

I bet there are some 2036Rs with cabs in these photos of the Augusta Georgia plant.......lol...

Best of luck!

Sincerely

JD Augusta 01.JPG

JD Augusta 02.JPG

JD Augusta 03.JPG

JD Augusta 04.JPG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought there were some people that post here that are "in the know" that said it was going to happen? I really would like to know if they are going to do this as I want to upgrade, but may look elsewhere because I am not sure whether I want to step up to the 3 series to get a cab, both from a size/weight and $$ standpoint....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the lack of a small frame tractor with an integrated factory cab reflects poor market research on behalf of JD. You talk to Kubota dealers about a B2650 cab and you basically get put in a line for stock. They sell as fast as they can get them locally.

Something along the lines of a 2025r with the motor from the 3025 and an integrated factory cab would sell like hotcakes. People will pay an extra 6-8k for a good cab on a small tractor because there are lots of times where a big tractor is not usable, feasible, or affordable.

My dealer chain said they cannot keep a mauser cab in stock, why they have not picked up on the trend is beyond me. You could even tier it and have standard and deluxe cabs with A/C included in the premium and heat only on the standard.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
As per my communication with Mauser-Cab in Europe, the 2025 will have a JD Mauser-Cab available in the near future.

Mauser Cab for 2018 2025R

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts
All these tractors just waiting for some proud new owner to rush them home and get them into a garage so they never spend time sitting in the rain. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Marketing or not! It is a real mystery why the US 1 and 2 Series compact tractors don't have a factory cab option!:banghead:

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Marketing or not! It is a real mystery why the US 1 and 2 Series compact tractors don't have a factory cab option!:banghead:
Since I’m in sales, I blame this on marketing:laugh: Marketing always “knows better” than sales or what the customers actually want! I’m sure the reason we do not have a 2 series cab option is due to internal politics at JD and NO other logical reason.

Reactions: glc

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Well those rascals are smart, and it is working.
I have a perfectly good 2032R that is going bye bye as soon as a 3039 arrives.
The ONLY reason to trade is to get the cab.

Gotta love the high resale value and 0% interest!

·
Registered
23,575 Posts
Well those rascals are smart, and it is working.
I have a perfectly good 2032R that is going bye bye as soon as a 3039 arrives.
The ONLY reason to trade is to get the cab.

Gotta love the high resale value and 0% interest!
I think it is exactly that - marketing. The 3 series with a cab isn’t all that much larger than the new 2 series so they figure people will just go with that if they want a cab.

Mrs. C and I were talking yesterday. She actually brought up tractors and such. She said it would be neat if I had a backhoe for our projects around the house. So I went on the speal that if I ever did get a backhoe it would be a 3 series so I had a cab for winter. Then I would have to have a dedicated mowing machine like an x7xx diesel.

She then mentioned a wagon for picking up sticks and stuff. I said that is where a Gator comes in.

By the time we were done, adding up in my head as we went, we were up to around $80k......not going to happen.....

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Reactions: glc

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
I think it is exactly that - marketing. The 3 series with a cab isn’t all that much larger than the new 2 series so they figure people will just go with that if they want a cab.
And the 1 series is marketed as a price point tractor. Most folks willing to drop 7-8000 on a cab are probably looking at larger series tractors.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Mrs. C and I were talking yesterday. She actually brought up tractors and such. She said it would be neat if I had a backhoe for our projects around the house.
She wants something, or did something.
Women don't talk that way, unless they want something or did something.

·
Registered
147 Posts
And the 1 series is marketed as a price point tractor. Most folks willing to drop 7-8000 on a cab are probably looking at larger series tractors.
I don't think you have ever seen what commercial snow guys are willing to spend on sidewalk machines that fit in the spaces they need them to go in.

A 1025 with a factory integrated cab and more robust components would sell.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think you have ever seen what commercial snow guys are willing to spend on sidewalk machines that fit in the spaces they need them to go in.

Deere is marketing a "factory" cab for the 1 Series. It may be a Mauser.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts

Most certainly.
But would the quantity justify it? From the outside looking in, we all say yes, but Deere knows their business better than we do.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 38 Posts