Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't know what to title it, Mods help me out.

I have been watching several TTWT videos and ALLOT of people have been commenting on how low the mid PTO coupler hangs even when the Command Cut is raised all the way. Even Tim thought that was as high as it goes. Don't feel left out Tim, I thought the same thing when I first got the tractor.:hide:

When I know I'm not going to be using the mid PTO and getting into situations that it could likely be damaged hanging down, I'll pin it up. For instance, I pinned it up while I was at the hunt club working today. It came from the factory with a pin in the hole and I wondered what it was for. I quickly found out when I had the deck off and pushed up on the PTO coupler and the holes lined up. Ah ha! See pics below.

Hope this helps someone avoid a potential expensive mistake.:bigthumb:

IMG_20190914_195051.jpg
Without pin but raised all the way with Command Cut

IMG_20190914_194918.jpg
Pinned up.

IMG_20190914_195115.jpg
Close up of unpinned holes

IMG_20190914_195140.jpg
Close up of pin

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Very useful tip!

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your tractor didn't come with it you may be able to find a "off brand". A little odd size though:dunno:

Looks like 2" long pin with a 2" high catch/retainer.

IMG_20190915_152959.jpg

IMG_20190915_153034.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
It should be AN232494
Part Number:
AN232494
Part Price: 5.16 USD
On Hand:
0 Check Other Stores
Description: Pin Fastener - PIN, LOCK

Specification
Weight: 0.11 LBS 0.05 Kg
Diameter0.375 IN
Length1.620 IN
Inside Diameter1.375 IN
MaterialSTEEL
FinishB

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Didn't know what to title it, Mods help me out.

I have been watching several TTWT videos and ALLOT of people have been commenting on how low the mid PTO coupler hangs even when the Command Cut is raised all the way. Even Tim thought that was as high as it goes. Don't feel left out Tim, I thought the same thing when I first got the tractor.:hide:

When I know I'm not going to be using the mid PTO and getting into situations that it could likely be damaged hanging down, I'll pin it up. For instance, I pinned it up while I was at the hunt club working today. It came from the factory with a pin in the hole and I wondered what it was for. I quickly found out when I had the deck off and pushed up on the PTO coupler and the holes lined up. Ah ha! See pics below.

Hope this helps someone avoid a potential expensive mistake.:bigthumb:

View attachment 705138
Without pin but raised all the way with Command Cut

View attachment 705140
Pinned up.

View attachment 705142
Close up of unpinned holes

View attachment 705144
Close up of pin
So where on your tractor was the pin stored??? i cant find that pin anywhere near the location. thanks

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
So where on your tractor was the pin stored??? i cant find that pin anywhere near the location. thanks
According to the manual, the storage hole is just forward of the coupler. Perhaps the dealer never placed the pin in the storage hole after prepping the tractor. It may have disappeared the same way the PTO covers disappear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According to the manual, the storage hole is just forward of the coupler. Perhaps the dealer never placed the pin in the storage hole after prepping the tractor. It may have disappeared the same way the PTO covers disappear.
It was in the hole that Jgayman pointed out.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
thanks guys. Guess the dealer got me again. its been just over a year so they probably wont just give me one i suspect. thanks again.
$5 no shipping from greenpartstore.com with code TTWT!

I’ll just order mine and not bother the dealer.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Dang it Tim always trying to get me to spend money, hahahaha
Ha! In this case, I was talking to myself. I need to order this same pin!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts