Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I greased my 2032R for the first time (50ish hours) and I had a little bit of a hard time finding all of the grease points on the tractor itself (not including loader or deck, etc.). So I figured I'd make a quick video showing were all of them are.

There are five in total:

1. Front axle trunnion, front.
2. Front axle trunnion, rear.
3. MFWD shaft, front.
4. MFWD shaft, rear.
5. Side/tilt link.

That's all of them, at least according to the manual and service diagram under the hood. For those of you (soon to be "those of us"!) with hydraulic tilt links, the total becomes four.

Here is the video:

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Nice job, thank you!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Mind if I share on the Facebook 2 series group?

Reactions: Yank and Herminator

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Nice video Mike :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
First comment on Facebook is "I missed two". Hahaha it's already helping. :)

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First comment on Facebook is "I missed two". Hahaha it's already helping. :)
That's great!

Can you ask him which two he missed? I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Will do!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
The 2 in front of the front u joint.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 2 in front of the front u joint.
Oh man. Those are important. Glad he got them!

It was a 2038 owner wasn’t it. Friggin hipsters. :) :lolol::lolol::bigbeer::hide:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Isn’t there at least one on the mid PTO shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Isn’t there at least one on the mid PTO shaft?
Not according to the owner's manual, and not that I could find. If you found one there, please post pics/videos! And then JD will have some 'splaining to do.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts

It was a 2038 owner wasn’t it. Friggin hipsters. :) :lolol::lolol::bigbeer::hide:
:good2:

Not according to the owner's manual, and not that I could find. If you found one there, please post pics/videos! And then JD will have some 'splaining to do.
It doesn’t look like you have the auto connect. If you did the PTO shaft for that has them.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:good2:

It doesn’t look like you have the auto connect. If you did the PTO shaft for that has them.
This video was for the tractor only. Otherwise the loader has a bunch and so on.

And no, I don’t have one. My mower deck is self propelled. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I’ll try to get some pictures tonight when I get home. I think there’s two on it. One on the shaft and the other on the universal joint.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ll try to get some pictures tonight when I get home. I think there’s two on it. One on the shaft and the other on the universal joint.

Are you talking about the autoconnect shaft? Because that has some, but it's not part of the tractor...it's an attachment/implement.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts

Easy now. I have to take my hair bun down before I fight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was able to grease 5 fittings on the tractor this afternoon. I wasn't able to get to the grease fittings on the mid PTO shaft u-joints. The one in the centre was easy enough but the other 2 were impossible - at least for me it was. The grease gun fitting will not fit into the space provided. Not sure what to do at this point. Anyone else having issues greasing the mid PTO u-joints?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Was able to grease 5 fittings on the tractor this afternoon. I wasn't able to get to the grease fittings on the mid PTO shaft u-joints. The one in the centre was easy enough but the other 2 were impossible - at least for me it was. The grease gun fitting will not fit into the space provided. Not sure what to do at this point. Anyone else having issues greasing the mid PTO u-joints?
I was having that problem as well. till i found I could turn the shaft by hand and could get to the fitting from the bottom.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts