Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2017 2032R that i am trying to put block heater on. When i look online at the JD Parts Catalog it shows the block heater kit goes in rear of block. When i pull instructions for the kit, it says 2032R the heater kit needs to go in side off block on left side. Both are same kit, BLV10640 that have block heater number AR87184. If goes in rear of block, how does that install happen? I see holes that adapter kit would attach to but there is circle inset that does not look removable? Any help would be appreciated!
Font Terrestrial plant Rectangle Screenshot Circle
Font Parallel Engineering Diagram Screenshot

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
The circled A in the bottom photo looks correct to me. I will snap a photo tomorrow.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
The one series takes the adapter. My 2038 has no adapter. I have mine plugged it to a wifi controlled outlet. When i get up i turn the outlet on and in 15 minutes I'm ready to go.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
2520 and 3046r have same same pipe plug. It's doped in; required heat for each removal - watch the wiring . Successfully installed heater in both with basin wrench on the plug flats not the socket.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
If you are installing the block heater why not install the tran heater as well. Don't be put off by the thought of draining the fluid. I used my thumb - had the plug out and heater in and lost about a cup of juice each time. Thick fluid slows the speed of everything. Think sucking Jello through a straw.

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
2520 and 3046r have same same pipe plug. It's doped in; required heat for each removal - watch the wiring . Successfully installed heater in both with basin wrench on the plug flats not the socket.
I hope you have better luck than I did. I have a 2720 (basically same configuration as 2520). I had a 6-foot cheater pipe on that plug and it boke my extension before coming loose. I gave up before I ended up breaking something expensive. It's crazy how tight that thing is in there.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
First try was 1/2" breaker bar with 10' extension. no room to put pipe "torque" extender on. Used propane torch after much, I mean much thought. 30- 45 sec and the dope started bubbling, spitting and softened enough to turn out with breaker bar. Had to watch sheathing on starter wiring; Juuust a little singed - that was the signal to stop flaming. 3046 was less worrying once I realized the sheathing was Nomex for the turbo heat. I was gratified to see clean fluid and find the cylinder walls also clean in both engines.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have the 2018 Gen2 2032R with the heater installed by the dealer. Glad I did it at initial purchase. Mine is where Herminator says his is, in the circle A on the picture. The ac cord is pretty short but stays out of the way just in front of the water separator.. Good luck.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
Sorry ran into a little delay but its still morning.

The heater is where the orange plug is.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Car Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.