Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealer says they're getting me a blade for plowing snow and it's got hydraulic angling. I don't think it's the 3pt/loaderless option. Does anyone use a blade for snow that has hydraulics and mounted to loader? Does it work well?

Or am I wasting my time and should get the 366 and 3pt

Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
We have sold a few of the ones for a 1 series that is manual angle. They go on in place of the loader bucket, on in a few seconds which is nice. I did a 366 and front 3pt on a 3039R, the blade is heavy duty! but takes a little longer to install on tractor, also a bit more money!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
So my dealer says they're getting me a blade for plowing snow and it's got hydraulic angling. I don't think it's the 3pt/loaderless option. Does anyone use a blade for snow that has hydraulics and mounted to loader? Does it work well?

Thanks
Did they say it’s a Deere/Frontier blade? There is a hydro angling blade from Frontier that’s smaller than the older AP10’s (I think). If they’re a dealer for other names like Horst/HLA Snow they have excellent hydraulic angling JDQA blades.

There are others also, ask them what they’re selling you?

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
I have a Gen 1 2032R and LOVE having the plow mounted on the loader.

The 1st year I had my machine I used the plow on the QuickTach hitch setup as Deere intended and it worked fine but I was very limited on how high I could stack snow. That meant I had to push the pile way back off the driveway so I'd have someplace to push snow for the next storm.

Once I mounted the plow on the loader I could stack snow 10' (or more) without any problems at all. Having the plow hang out there on the loader does make the machine quite a bit longer so you have to pay close attention and use caution when turning in tight areas but it is well worth the trade off IMO.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks
Did they say it’s a Deere/Frontier blade? There is a hydro angling blade from Frontier that’s smaller than the older AP10’s (I think). If they’re a dealer for other names like Horst/HLA Snow they have excellent hydraulic angling JDQA blades.

There are others also, ask them what they’re selling you?
Yep it's a 60" deere/frontier with apparently hydraulic angling. But it's loader mounted. Part 60fbym does anyone know what that part number equates to?

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
Yep it's a 60" deere/frontier with apparently hydraulic angling. But it's loader mounted. Part 60fbym does anyone know what that part number equates to?

Huh. There are only two 60" Deere snow blades I'm aware of.

One is the 60QH but that one isn't loader mounted. It is the new extended version of the old 54" blade for the QuckTach hitch.

The other is the AF10F which is loader mounted but doesn't have any hydro angling.

I'd assume "60FB" = "60" Front Blade" but no idea on the "YM" part.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
CTA makes a loader mounted plow with hydraulic angling. I have the front three point on my 2038 for my broom and hits a beast. Thinking on getting the plow for it but I have a 60" on my 1025R that does a nice job.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts

Thanks
I can attest to the effectiveness and robustness of the 366FMB on the front 3 point hitch. I used that last year exclusively on my 2038R for snow duty and it worked like a champ!

I also have a SnowBear 82" plow that I can mount to my front end loader which I am going to try this year as an experiment. Only time will tell how well (or poorly) it does. I think it will be okay, but I am concerned about plowing using the loader and putting all that stress on the loader frame when you accidentally and almost assuredly hit a solid immoveable object with the corner of the plow blade... Gotta be careful I guess.....

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks
I can attest to the effectiveness and robustness of the 366FMB on the front 3 point hitch. I used that last year exclusively on my 2038R for snow duty and it worked like a champ!

I also have a SnowBear 82" plow that I can mount to my front end loader which I am going to try this year as an experiment. Only time will tell how well (or poorly) it does. I think it will be okay, but I am concerned about plowing using the loader and putting all that stress on the loader frame when you accidentally and almost assuredly hit a solid immoveable object with the corner of the plow blade... Gotta be careful I guess.....

Sincerely
That's my concern too. As a tractor noob I can almost guarantee I'll wind up putting strain on the loader at some point.

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
That's my concern too. As a tractor noob I can almost guarantee I'll wind up putting strain on the loader at some point.
I don't think you'd have a problem, it's all about feel and just simply not be reckless with it. I don't have a 2032 (I have a 2025) and used my FEL mount plow last winter on my 1 series, I agree with everything JimR wrote. I no longer have to push snow halfway across my yard because I can simply stack the snow up.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I I think it will be okay, but I am concerned about plowing using the loader and putting all that stress on the loader frame when you accidentally and almost assuredly hit a solid immoveable object with the corner of the plow blade... Gotta be careful I guess.....
All "real" plow blades either have a spring loaded trip edge or the entire moldboard will tilt (also spring loaded) if you hit an object. The picture looks like the latter.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I have a Gen 1 2032R and LOVE having the plow mounted on the loader.

The 1st year I had my machine I used the plow on the QuickTach hitch setup as Deere intended and it worked fine but I was very limited on how high I could stack snow. That meant I had to push the pile way back off the driveway so I'd have someplace to push snow for the next storm.

Once I mounted the plow on the loader I could stack snow 10' (or more) without any problems at all. Having the plow hang out there on the loader does make the machine quite a bit longer so you have to pay close attention and use caution when turning in tight areas but it is well worth the trade off IMO.
FYI - I was effortlessly stacking snow 5'-6' with the 366FMB on my 2038R.

Sincerely

Attachments

Reactions: jdmich and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Personally I hate all this talk of snow. :banghead:

:laugh:

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Super Moderator
5,204 Posts
FYI - I was effortlessly stacking snow 5'-6' with the 366FMB on my 2038R.

Sincerely
I have no doubts that that is entirely possible. But you also have a 2038R, the front 3pt hitch that goes with it and a 366 blade. You have a larger machine, your hitch lifts higher than the QuickTach hitch and your blade is significantly better than the P.O.S. 54" blade that was available to those of use with earlier machines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts