Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2032R, 220R loader, 60"MMM,270B backhoe
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning beautiful people. So yesterday I did my 200hr oil change (197 hr) I drained all the hydraulic oil and changed the filters. Went to add the oil, dumped both of the 2.5 gal or 9.46 L with is 5 Gal or 18.92 L. It did not even register on the dip stick. So I dumped another 1 Gal or 3.78L and it just showed up 1/4" on to the dip stick . Still below the add mark...
Font Parallel Screenshot Slope Art
according to this I should only need 4.6 Gal or 17.5 L.. . . . . .I have added 6 Gal or 22.7 L and I still need more I think. I would be closer to the amount for the 2038R. Just looking for some insight thanks

Senior GTT Super Slacker
I run the tractor for a few minutes, let it cool then check it.

Reactions: driveshaft

Premium Member
First things first... do you have a Gen-1 or Gen-2 2032R?

Second, throw that reference sheet away!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will thank me later. It is one of the most confusing documents that JD has ever released. They mixed multiple models of tractors which have no similarities. Lot's of confusing info... example... the Gen-2 2032R and 2038R are identical tractors except for the engine... so they have identical hydraulic fluid capacity.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First things first... do you have a Gen-1 or Gen-2 2032R?

Second, throw that reference sheet away!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will thank me later. It is one of the most confusing documents that JD has ever released. They mixed multiple models of tractors which have no similarities. Lot's of confusing info... example... the Gen-2 2032R and 2038R are identical tractors except for the engine... so they have identical hydraulic fluid capacity.
It's a gen 2 sorry. And yes I agree with all of that 馃槣

Premium Member

Premium Member
It's a gen 2 sorry. And yes I agree with all of that 馃槣
Gen-2... good. Then it's a bit easier than a Gen-1. I'd go with Gizmo2's advice, let the tractor sit for a while after adding hydraulic fluid and then recheck. You don't want to over fill it. The manual for the Gen-2 2032R/2038R show the capacity as 24.8 quarts but you'll never get that much back in since you can't drain 100% of the old fluid.

With the Gen-1 2032R you almost had to let the tractor sit overnight after adding fluid.

Reactions: driveshaft and Big

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks people. The most frustrating part of all of this is when you walk into the dealer and ask their overpaid employees.. hi I need everything to do service on my tractor. And you leave there not having enough due to faulty documents. I mean 45-minute trip to my dealer on my dollar because of lack of Education for their employees. Kind of super frustrating

Registered
I agree, when I did my 2025r they sold me a filter pack for an older style 2025r with a different air filter style. I even had a picture of my tractors serial number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.