Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am working on a quote with local dealer for a 2032R with a grapple. So of course the quote includes the WR Long 3rd function SCV. But they also threw in a Power Beyond kit. When I questioned the need for that, the salesman stated that: "The Power Beyond kit is required to run the WR Long kit which is what opens and closes your grapple."

I've never run across this in my research. They also quoted me a 2025R with grapple but no Power Beyond. Is there something about the 2032R that makes the Power Beyond kit required, but not for the 2025R?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi all,

I am working on a quote with local dealer for a 2032R with a grapple. So of course the quote includes the WD Long 3rd function SCV. But they also threw in a Power Beyond kit. When I questioned the need for that, the salesman stated that: "The Power Beyond kit is required to run the WR Long kit which is what opens and closes your grapple."

I've never run across this in my research. They also quoted me a 2025R with grapple but no Power Beyond. Is there something about the 2032R that makes the Power Beyond kit required, but not for the 2025R?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.
As far as I know the power beyond is only needed for the backhoe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Call WR Long and ask them if it's a required option for their kit to work.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Call WR Long and ask them if it's a required option for their kit to work.
It is not "required". It can be installed either way - with or without PB. I can provide more details if desired.

Sincerely

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not "required". It can be installed either way - with or without PB. I can provide more details if desired.

Sincerely
Thanks Joe, yes I'd welcome more detail on installing without the PB. Since I don't plan to get a backhoe or other rear hydraulic attachments, I'd just as soon save that expense.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. For a tractor without PB installed, The WR Long picks up hydraulic pressure from the PB port on the loader control valve. It returns the hydraulics into the return fitting on top of the transmission housing. This will require a few extra small hydraulic parts/fittings to connect to the return port that are not included in the WR Long kit.

Sincerely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts