Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post some pics of a toolbox I am making for my 2032R. After many hours of searching GTT I came up with this design. I really like open toolboxes in general, they are easy to get to stuff quickly, and no lid to deal with. The down side is no protection from the rain and stuff can fall out, I keep my tractor inside so hopefully it won't be an issue. I do have plans on making a sheet metal cover for it for snow blowing.

I used 1/8 steel, it is really just 3 boxes welded together. I did a dry fit tonight and already have some things I would change, but I guess thats what happpens on the first one!

please share you comments, good and bad.

as always this site rocks!

P.S. I have a spot picked out for the crowbar Randy!

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
nicksteck--nice design with lots of room for stuff. is ur seat set to the rear the whole way? i mounted a small tool box back their, it was plastic, and over the yrs when i would get on or off, my seat would push down on the lid, it finally broke off here in the spring. so my next one is going where the 1 series put their's at i think. i think green and yellow would look good for the colors!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I think it looks good. The only thing I would recommend if you had not done so already is drilling some drainage holes, just in case you get stuck in a sudden rain.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I thought I would post some pics of a toolbox I am making for my 2032R. After many hours of searching GTT I came up with this design. I really like open toolboxes in general, they are easy to get to stuff quickly, and no lid to deal with. The down side is no protection from the rain and stuff can fall out, I keep my tractor inside so hopefully it won't be an issue. I do have plans on making a sheet metal cover for it for snow blowing.

I used 1/8 steel, it is really just 3 boxes welded together. I did a dry fit tonight and already have some things I would change, but I guess thats what happpens on the first one!

please share you comments, good and bad.

as always this site rocks!

P.S. I have a spot picked out for the crowbar Randy!

Nick
Fantastic Nick. Very nice job, just needs some green paint and you're good to go. I like it! :good2:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nicksteck--nice design with lots of room for stuff. is ur seat set to the rear the whole way? i mounted a small tool box back their, it was plastic, and over the yrs when i would get on or off, my seat would push down on the lid, it finally broke off here in the spring. so my next one is going where the 1 series put their's at i think. i think green and yellow would look good for the colors!!:thumbup1gif:
I actually moved the forward one click to have enough room for the seat, I had about 1" between the seat and the box and it would hit the box. Now I have about 2-2.5" and it will hit if I really lean back hard.

The powder coater has green and yellow, I kinda like the idea of the yellow, I think it would be easier to see things inside the lower storage box with the yellow vs the green. sounds like they want me to pick one color.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it looks good. The only thing I would recommend if you had not done so already is drilling some drainage holes, just in case you get stuck in a sudden rain.
thats a good point, I actually had them cut weep holes in the top section and the small side boxes but forgot to put them in the 2 lower boxes, nothing a drill can't take care of.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fantastic Nick. Very nice job, just needs some green paint and you're good to go. I like it! :good2:
thanks Randy, what are your thoughts on green vs yellow?

·
Administrator
20,354 Posts
GTT Pro User Tip. When replying to multiple users at once, simply click on the multiple quote button on the lower right hand corner of every post. It looks like "+. Click this on every post you want to quote and respond to, then click on the +Reply to Thread button you usually do. :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
What gauge steel is that made from? (just curious). Otherwise, looks great. My vote would be for green and maybe get a JD decal for either side.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What gauge steel is that made from? (just curious). Otherwise, looks great. My vote would be for green and maybe get a JD decal for either side.
11 gauge (1/8th inch) my thought was the more weight the better and I want it to be able to take a beating.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm going to have to make me one if these...awesome job sir!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
time for powder coat

drilled the drain holes for the lower compartments, mounted the crowbar clips and sanded down the edges.

Off to powder coating, should have a shiny green toolbox in a few weeks, I will post pics when I get it back!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back from powder coat

Can't wait to get it home and get it installed!

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
crowbar clamps

found these on Amazon. They are used for shovels etc. on off road vehicles.

Picked up some stainless steel screws and nylock nuts

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loading it up

I had used it for a few weeks before I sent it to paint. I'm sure I will change what I carry in it, but this seems like a good start. I plan on picking up some tool drawer liners, should help protect it and keep the rattling down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

Looks like you are ready to go to work. Well done, definitely first rate.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
:good2::thumbup1gif::good2::thumbup1gif:

Looks like you are ready to go to work. Well done, definitely first rate.
What Randy isn't telling us is he's busy figuring out how he can mill one out of billet aluminum on his J-Head..... :munch:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts