Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was pushing up old landscaping blocks rocks and shrubs and somehow one of the bucket clips come off and i sprung something. looks like the rod that goes all the way across is bent at the side that stayed attached.
1. is this a warranty coverage by chance?:unknown:
2. is there something else bent or sprung
thanks

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Any chance of a pic?

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
how do i post one
Below where you are typing look for the manage attachments button. Click it and then load It from where it is. Then upload. The close window. Then it is just like a regular post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
Unfortunately I don’t see how they would cover that under warranty unless there is a defect found.
Are you posting on a computer or smartphone? To post a pic via smartphone tap the paper clip in the upper right corner and select a photo then tap the arrow after the photo loads.

Sincerely

·
Registered
12,550 Posts
A pic would be nice but, based on your brief description I would say there isn't much chance of that being covered under warranty unless you have an outstanding dealer who is willing to work something out.

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
ok so i was pushing up old landscaping blocks rocks and shrubs and somehow one of the bucket clips come off and i sprung something. looks like the rod that goes all the way across is bent at the side that stayed attached.
1. is this a warranty coverage by chance?:unknown:
2. is there something else bent or sprung
thanks
In lieu of a photo... is #6 below the pin that came out and #5 the rod that appears bent?

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes pin 6 came out rod 5 is slightly bent and where bolt 8 goes in it is cracked at bolt hole
am in process of taking rod 5 out and see if bucket will attach or if something else is bent

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
yes pin 6 came out rod 5 is slightly bent and where bolt 8 goes in it is cracked at bolt hole
am in process of taking rod 5 out and see if bucket will attach or if something else is bent
Hopefully nothing else is tweaked. That rod is a regulator to keep both quick attach towers aligned. Without the rod the two lift/curl cylinders can operate at different speeds and make it difficult to get implements attached.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hopefully nothing else is tweaked. That rod is a regulator to keep both quick attach towers aligned. Without the rod the two lift/curl cylinders can operate at different speeds and make it difficult to get implements attached.
Mine do that anyway, guess i will have a look at that.

If you financed the machine through John Deere, you have John Deere's insurance, as long as you are still making payments. The deductible is 500, so if you tweaked the loader frame, at least you won't be out the cost of a new loader.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It is my understanding that if you finance through John Deere, it is a requirement that their insurance be on the machine, it's something like 4 dollars of your monthly payment. Give your salesman a call and make sure that's the case, if it is it will save you some money, it just saved me 500 bucks for a recent screw up.

If you take it to another shop first, they may deny coverage, I would talk to the dealer first.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
It is my understanding that if you finance through John Deere, it is a requirement that their insurance be on the machine, it's something like 4 dollars of your monthly payment. Give your salesman a call and make sure that's the case, if it is it will save you some money, it just saved me 500 bucks for a recent screw up.

If you take it to another shop first, they may deny coverage, I would talk to the dealer first.
Not all Deere financing offers or requires insurance. The JDF Revolving Plan (i.e. 60 month 0%) doesn't involve insurance. At least not as offered in MN in 2016, because that's what my x758 is under and the 60 monthly payments add up quite nicely to the original financed amount.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
john deere insurance?
yes it is tweaked a little on the frame got a local fab shop guy going to look see if he can tweak it back if not next step is new frame
Looking forward to hearing about the results of the tweakage.... and the repair.....

Sincerely

·
Registered
112 Posts

Deere insurance is optional, your homeowners will satisfy the loan requirement. They require that it be covered if there's thief, or fire.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Not all Deere financing offers or requires insurance. The JDF Revolving Plan (i.e. 60 month 0%) doesn't involve insurance. At least not as offered in MN in 2016, because that's what my x758 is under and the 60 monthly payments add up quite nicely to the original financed amount.

Rob
When I bought it was an option but not a requirement, it was $269 for the 60 months, cheap so I did it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Deere insurance was optional for me as well. Glad I opted for it. Tore the linear actuator off and bent a couple things that added up to around 2,700.00$. 500$ deductible and I was back in action.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused, that's my mistake then. I could have sworn my salesman told me it was required, but obviously one of us was mistaken.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well, I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused, that's my mistake then. I could have sworn my salesman told me it was required, but obviously one of us was mistaken.
It might be in your state. Or with the particular financing plan you went with. It's just not universal on every JD financing plan in all states.

Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts