Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I did a parked regen yesterday, opened the hood after it was done, and as the title says what appears to be carbon all over the place, I looked at the parts diagram of the DPF filter. they show two sensors #3 and #4 which are on the filter, they don't show two other metal hoses that come out of the filter and have rubber hoses on them that are just pointed up towards the hood with nothing on the end. The one on the drivers side is the one that sent out all the carbon. anyone else see all this carbon after a regen? I can't tell from the diagram if these hoses should be connected to some thing or have some thing on the end, but they both have an extra clip on the hose not used for anything. the diagram list these things as #5 pressure sensor. I'll take a picture when my picture taker gets home and post it. thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
Those hoses should go to a sensor called the differential pressure sensor. At least they do on a larger machine. But you would be getting a code if it was missing I would think. Probably a call to your dealer is in order

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sensors #3 and #4 are mounted on the front side of the partition above the radiator. Directly behind the sensors there is a dished area in the back side of the partition. In this dished area there are short tubes from each sensor. The hoses connect to theses tubes held in place with the hose clamps you mentioned. The hoses are different diameters so you can't connect to the wrong sensor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sensors #3 and #4 are mounted on the front side of the partition above the radiator. Directly behind the sensors there is a dished area in the back side of the partition. In this dished area there are short tubes from each sensor. The hoses connect to theses tubes held in place with the hose clamps you mentioned. The hoses are different diameters so you can't connect to the wrong sensor. Hope this helps.
mine aren't connected to anything, I'll have to go back out and look for #3 and #4, I did see they are different size hoses. I have a list of gig's to get done under warranty, so will be going over today to make an appt. thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup you are 100% correct, they were never connected at the factory I would guess, I didn't realize the sensor was on the other side of the partition. I sure hope the sensor doesn't get all that carbon when correctly hooked up. :) thanks a lot. to both of you

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I hooked both tubes up. Interestingly the one tube had melted the plastic partition that holds the sensor, and also interesting ever since I had bought this machine, I have been looking for an easy way to extend the exhaust pipe because I could smell exhaust inside the cab when snow blowing. The smell is gone, I wonder how much exhaust was going out those pipes. I also wonder with these disconnected if it would have ever done a regen since the sensor is the one that says how full it is. I did go to my dealer with my 6 different problems but in the process of taking off the sides of the engine compartment found 3 hydraulic hoses that are also leaking. probably won't see the machine for the summer :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, that's a bummer. You buy a new machine so you will not have problems and then this happens. Very poor workmanship and quality control at the factory.
If it is going to take a long time to get parts and repair, I would ask for a loner tractor so you can get your chores done before the weather turns bad again. Be civil with the dealer, but be firm. Good Luck, and keep us updated.

Reactions: wildbranch2007
1 - 8 of 8 Posts