Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 72D sure does cut beautifully. Just sayin’!

Sincerely

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts

Sincerely
Looks great! What is your height of cut? I have yet to use my 60D, but hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to stipe my lawn or not. Couldn’t do it with my cub because it didn’t have live PTO.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! What is your height of cut? I have yet to use my 60D, but hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to stipe my lawn or not. Couldn’t do it with my cub because it didn’t have live PTO.
I generally keep it pretty long, somewhere between 4"-5". I have not watered all year as we've had generous amounts of rain up until now.

Sincerely

·
Registered
285 Posts
I generally keep it pretty long, somewhere between 4"-5". I have not watered all year as we've had generous amounts of rain up until now.

Sincerely
I’m in the camp of long grass as well. I think 3.5-4” is ideal for home lawns. I have no way of watering, so taller grass and longer roots is best.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I cut mine at 2”. Supposed cut at 1.5” but the auto connect deck won’t go that low without digging a trench with the front foot.

Southern Bermuda grass lawn. If you cut any longer it won’t fill in or get thick. No irrigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts

Sincerely
That looks suspiciously like a suburban lawn, HomesteadJoe. :lol::lol::hide::flag_of_truce:

·
Super Moderator
8,206 Posts
Looks great Joe!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
That looks suspiciously like a suburban lawn, HomesteadJoe. :lol::lol::hide::flag_of_truce:
You can have suburban homesteads:flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
6,069 Posts
Jeez, kind of a big machine and deck for that size lawn! What does it take you, 3 passes? :lol:
Looks great!
That’s like me. People who drive by and see the front probably think I’m nuts.

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
That’s like me. People who drive by and see the front probably think I’m nuts.
The people who know you know you’re nuts. :drinks:

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Jeez, kind of a big machine and deck for that size lawn! What does it take you, 3 passes?

Looks great!
LoL. We live on four acres, 1/2 wooded and 1/2 lawn. That’s just a piece of the front lawn. I mow about two acres at the homestead every week. Still overkill I know, but I do enjoy having BadAss for all the projects I do.

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Sincerely
I cut mine at 3". I don't know if it's even possible to cut at 4+" with mine. I don't think it goes that high!
Using the 3pt adjustment, my lock knob is set at 8.5, and the deck stop is set to max height.
Even with the 3pt all the way up, it won't go into "lock"

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to take a measurement to see precisely what the height of my blades are when I set the height knob to the various height adjustments. Last time I cut, I had the knob set at "4" which I believe is somewhere between 4"-5" of blade height. I sometimes cut at knob setting 3.5, but never lower than that. I am going to take actual measurements and see what the blade height is at these settings. Results should be interesting.... Has anyone else made these measurements on the new Gen 2 2-series for comparison purposes between "like" machines? I'm going to start another thread on that subject....Gen 2 2032R & 2038R Actual Blade Height vs Deck Height Setting

Sincerely

1 - 20 of 37 Posts