Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having some fun with iMovie.
Still editing the Tractor Vs. Skid loader Vs. Mini Skid loader. Editing takes forever…ugh.
A bit of a parody, but I hope it was worth the entertainment at least?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone 🤣🍻
Credit for editing goes to my wife.

as far as future treatments goes. If you cut 1 buckthorn, 10 new will grow. This client has chosen to plant native prairie grass to shade/ block out the evasive buckthorn. After the initial seeding of grass has taken, I will probably have to go back and do a quick touch up with the brush hog.

I normally try to steer clients into laying a 3”-4” bed of mulch on the area. That trick seems to work well for a high percentage. Buckthorn generally is a 3 year battle to win the war. Nasty stuff.

Full feature length video here:

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a client ask for more of a finished look to their end product. After removal of Buckthorn via that brush hog & stump grinder. I back dragged a Heavy Hitch tooth bar. Actually made a 4’ high pile of roots & debris. I’m not really sure how much of a help it was to kill off that Buckthorn? But I guess it looks more finished than a billion bare roots sticking up?? Personally I would still lay a cover of mulch down. And yes that is a 3’ retaining wall with a side slope. Not a tractors best friend 🤣

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.