Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok tractor has 122 hours on it and regen started,, took 4 hours to get over, first time I shut it off at 2 hours cause I was leaving and asked dealer about it and they said it could take that long so next day I fired it up and took another 2 hours then idled down.today went to move it the soot thing is on display says ecu has wrench and 3719.16 soot level reads 77% exhaust filter says 32
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I would say it was because you shut it down during the regen, but I did that once quite some time ago and it was no problem when I restarted it. I have never had one that run anywhere that long. I think maybe a half hour or a little longer was the longest I have had in my over 600 hours. I think it is time to get with your dealer.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
No way a Regen should take 4hrs. I have been through a couple and I'd say 30 min tops. I was mowing grass both times and noticed the light and kept on mowing. After a while 20-30 mins it was finished. Never timed it, but 4hrs! If you had a half a tank you'd run out of fuel. Dealer definitely needs to check this out.

Edit:Make sure to read your manual on regens. There is a minimum rpm you need to have for it to work.

Reactions: bvbearcat

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Mine always seem to happen when I am about to finish working or doing light work.

I usually put the throttle around 2000 and let it sit or do the light work at 2000.. Again half hour tops.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
My 2038R has about 440 hours on it and it has gone through quite a number of regens as you can imagine. If a regen is in process when I am done with using the tractor, I simply select the regen STOP button, and let the tractor cool down and shut it down. The regen automatically restarts the next time the tractor is used and the RPM hits 1500. No need to run the tractor just for regen. It's a terrible waste of yours and the tractor's engine running time......Also, in my experience, increasing the engine RPM also helps shorten the time it takes to perform the regen, although I can't swear to this.... I've never actually timed it.

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
I’ve done two parked regens in about 70 hours. The first was just to see what it was like. The second was because the soot level was at almost 70% and I like to get it over with so I don’t have to worry about it. Both times took about 20 minutes.

I had one come on while brush hogging. I had no idea it was happening and it lowered the soot about 15 percentage points.

Most of what I do is in short spurts. The only exception is snow blowing and brush hogging, so my soot builds up quickly.

If yours is going on for hours, something is wrong. Tell the dealer to fix it.

I really hate the DPF.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I thought it automatically set the idle I've never raised it I'll read on that today

It will not automatically set the idle, unless you have already exceeded 1500 rpm, then it will not allow it to be less than 1500 rpm. You will get a msg on the display that you need to increase the rpm if it is less than 1500 when the regen starts.

Dave

·
Registered
200 Posts
3 regens on my 2038R in 200 hours, 20-30 minutes each, if you are not over 1500 RPM's it will give you a message to increase RPM's, I mow with mine so running it at WOT cuts down on the number of regens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts