Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2038R, 220R Loader, 270B Backhoe, RC2060 cutter, Pallet forks, SKS adapter, AV20F grapple
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the front weight bracket. Before I hook up the loader, I thought I might ask if anyone has had any problems or issues? I know the loader stand is going to be close. It has started raining and I'm not about to fool around with it in the rain.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Don't know about your tractor but it does not work with my 2520. I bought the front weight bracket and have never used the weights on the front. Keep in mind that I always have the FEL on the tractor.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I looked at this previously, if I recall I determined that parking stand would hit the bracket, so I ended up building one that would slip on.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I don’t have a loader but I remember reading that it was incompatible with a front loader.

Reactions: farmer52

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
The 10 weight bracket will not fit through the park stand of the loader. I have the 7 weight bracket that I had on my 2025R, that will.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have the 7 weight bracket on my 2038r, and I don't think the bracket and the loader can be on at the same time. I just always take the bracket off. Though I guess I have never actually tried to put them both on at the same time...

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
I have the 7 weight bracket on my 2038r, and I don't think the bracket and the loader can be on at the same time
The seven weight can stay on as long as you don't have the MSL. I never took mine off with the NSL, when I bought the MSL I was a little disappointed that the cross tube will not clear the weight bracket.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
They’re definitely not compatible. Ask me how I know!? I have a bracket kit new in the box for sale if anyone wants it.
Sincerely

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
What scenario do you have where you need additional front weight with the loader on? Usually the goal is to ballast weight off the front axle by adding it to the rear behind the rear axle when you're doing loader or fork work. Front weight would be needed for running a tiller (with no loader) or similar rear implement.

Rob

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
What scenario do you have where you need additional front weight with the loader on? Usually the goal is to ballast weight off the front axle by adding it to the rear behind the rear axle when you're doing loader or fork work. Front weight would be needed for running a tiller (with no loader) or similar rear implement.

Rob
Some people might buy a tractor with no loader and they would need front ballast. I can't think of any scenario that you would need more front ballast if you have a loader. You can always scoop up a bucket full of dirt/gravel.
Sincerely

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
For sure there are reasons for front ballast WITHOUT a loader. But with one? Doesn't compute for me.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I can't remember but wasn't the issue with the bracket unloaded it still wouldn't clear the loader? So you would have to un bolt the bracket every time you wanted to attach the loader. I'd want to at least keep the bracket on and the loader.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I can't remember but wasn't the issue with the bracket unloaded it still wouldn't clear the loader? So you would have to un bolt the bracket every time you wanted to attach the loader. I'd want to at least keep the bracket on and the loader.
Yup, exactly this!
Sincerely

Reactions: Herminator and Big

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

Rob
Misread that, agreed, with the loader you wouldn't want the weight, just don't want to unbolt a bracket every time

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Makes sense you wouldn't want to have to unbolt the bracket each time you want the loader on. But with a loader you really don't need the weights in most cases. If you truly need that situation (weights but no loader) then you'll probably need a custom bracket like another poster mentioned.

Rob

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
Makes sense you wouldn't want to have to unbolt the bracket each time you want the loader on. But with a loader you really don't need the weights in most cases. If you truly need that situation (weights but no loader) then you'll probably need a custom bracket like another poster mentioned.

Rob
i keep forgetting to take the 3 weights off the front of my 2520-as they will allow the loader stand to fold up underneath. back when i went to jd to buy the weight bracket--that's what i ended up with-claimed that was as big of bracket i could buy.
i wasn't on here yet-so not even familiar with jd parts to find out if that was true. so took his word for it. it would be nice to have more than 3 42lb weights out there-but it helps out.

so homesteadjoe--will ur bracket u have for sell work on 2520 front end by chance?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
i keep forgetting to take the 3 weights off the front of my 2520-as they will allow the loader stand to fold up underneath. back when i went to jd to buy the weight bracket--that's what i ended up with-claimed that was as big of bracket i could buy.
i wasn't on here yet-so not even familiar with jd parts to find out if that was true. so took his word for it. it would be nice to have more than 3 42lb weights out there-but it helps out.

so homesteadjoe--will ur bracket u have for sell work on 2520 front end by chance?
I honestly have no idea! But I do know that f you drill holes in the bracket in the right places, it will more than likely fit! I believe the bracket would mount to those two bolts you see in the photo below.

Sincerely

1 - 17 of 17 Posts