Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of a 2019 2038R with 60D MMM. Comes with command cut, and it was all working fine at the dealer and at home yesterday evening. This afternoon i wanted to take the deck off and the mower would not move up or down. The command cut dial indicates on the dash, but does not move down to the zero position. The I received HOC 517162.02 error code. From what see it is a calibration problem.

Anyone tell me what exactly this means and can I resolve the issue without the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
DTC Number (HOC 517162.02)
DTC Name (Desired Deck Set Point and Install Switch Conflict)
Code Caused By (Install State Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect)
Control Unit Addresses (VCU 016—Desired Deck Set-point)
Component Testing (1. S64 Height of Cut Knob 2. VCU—Vehicle Control Unit Test)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I just got my tractor back for the same situation. They replaced my actuator that raises and lowers the deck. This appears to be a problem thats growing for Deere. I'm sure they are working on updated actuators or more specifically the sensors on the actuator that aren't reading consistantly. At this time they're built into the unit and the whole actuator is replaced as a unit. Deere won't hesitate to fix this, as they're fully aware now of the problem. Hopes this helps. Out of curiosity after you removed your deck did you raise it to position 6 and now it wont move?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Sorry I reread your post, you never took the deck off I see. I still think it's a actuator reading problem.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:From MN

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never could remove the deck because it would not move down to the zero from the current position. I ran the PTO at the current position and that all works, but it would move to any position. I also noticed that I can rotate the dial to zero, but the dash indicates position 1 and not zero. All other positions correlate dash to dial, except for zero.

I called my sales person and they will talk with a tech on Monday morning.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
So does your deck go up and down? Just dosen't go to zero?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I never could remove the deck because it would not move down to the zero from the current position. I ran the PTO at the current position and that all works, but it would move to any position. I also noticed that I can rotate the dial to zero, but the dash indicates position 1 and not zero. All other positions correlate dash to dial, except for zero.

I called my sales person and they will talk with a tech on Monday morning.

Thanks for the feedback.
There is a calibration procedure that needs to be performed in the VCU (computer). Sounds like yours was not set up properly, although it could be a malfunction, but since yours is brand new I would guess calibration.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I agree now it could be a improper setup causing this if the initial calibration wasn't done properly.
There are definitely some bugs yet to be worked out in this command cut system.
I'm glad I have a established case # as my warranty's over in June.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My deck will not move up or down from current position. As I rotate the dial it shows correctly on the dash except for the zero position...dial is at zero but dash indicate 1.

Thanks for the great feedback.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Where is your deck positioned under tractor, is it all the way up, down, middle?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I was just curious because mine failed when in the 6 position or all the way up also. The dealership took the actuator out and applied power to it and got it unstuck. They replaced it anyway. I wish you luck, hopefully just a poor set-up job. They actually are great when working properly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts