Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, you may note that I also posted a new thread on how my 3046R tractor that is less than a year old has had a reoccurring 3pt hitch hitch jerking problem and has been to the dealership previously JD equipment and now owned by AgPro 21 times for warranty work, yes 21 times.

Now for the issues with my 2038R, this Tractor was purchased new from AgPro Lancaster. With 17hrs on the tractor it all of a sudden starting blowing hydraulic fluid under pressure forwards and backwards where the transmission bolts to the motor. The dealership had it for over a month, had to split the motor and tranny and stated there was little to zero factory applied sealant and that caused the leak. Unfortunalty for me, the leaking has re occurred and the the tractor has been taken back to AgPro 5 more times and is at the dealership now for this very issue.

2 brand new tractors, 27 warranty claims total and right now I have zero tractors on my property, both are at AgPro for service. I am truly sick to my stomach... my dealership in Lancaster has fired the store manager and 3 separate service managers. I have contacted Deere customer service and filed a claim, truthfully one of the more rude guys I’ve ever talked to in my life, zero compassion or help. I requested a meeting with a regional Deere rep and was told “he will contact you”, I asked for his number and was denied.

Has anyone had transmission leaks on their 2032/2038r tractors?

Any constructive suggestions on what I can do to kick this ball down the field?

Thank you very very much for all your help and suggestions, like I said I am just sick to my stomach I have 2 Deere tractors less than a year old, spent over $100,000 in tractors and implements, 27 warranty claims and they are both paperweights....

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

This is the best AgPro service could do after 6 warranty claims for the exact same leak, always wet, even after detailing the tractor, typically leaks 2-3 table spoons per night. The leak hasn’t stopped for even 1 day, it has started leaking the very first day I bring it home from the dealership.

Jason

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I feel like I should post the suicide Hotline ph #

This is Horrible...Is there any chance your homeowners ins. may come into play as these are basicly useless &" totaled"

Might be worth a shot...../Next step... Attorney General of your area or state.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

This is Horrible...Is there any chance your homeowners ins. may come into play as these are basicly useless &" totaled"

I have thought about every angle, stop making payments, start being a jerk, bring the tractors back and demand my money back, lawyer up etc.... but to be honest with you I bleed green and I am trying really and I mean really hard to be patient and get these 2 issues resolved, 1 with each of my 2 tractors. I just wish Deere or AgPro would care, step up and put their best engineers/mechanics on this and get these issues resolved. I am running out of options and patience and posting this was a last resort, last ditch call for help, maybe someone has had these issues and has a fix, or maybe someone at Deere or AgPro reads this and wants to help... either way I have nothing to loose...

Thanks again guys

Jason

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
No issues for me like this and I do not believe I would ever have this issue with my dealer. I hope your regional rep can do something for you because you’re not posting this vindictively. You just want help and if you’re doing that here I suspect you have done the same with your dealer. I sure hope both of these get solved.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
There are allot of great people here on GTT and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to tractors that will hopefully get you some answers as to what is going on.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts

This is the best AgPro service could do after 6 warranty claims for the exact same leak, always wet, even after detailing the tractor, typically leaks 2-3 table spoons per night. The leak hasn’t stopped for even 1 day, it has started leaking the very first day I bring it home from the dealership.

Jason

Have you/they pinpointed the source of the latest leak? Is it leaking from between the shaft and the seal? Is it leaking from between the seal and the housing? Is it leaking from between housing mating surfaces? This is the first step in determining corrective action. Have them blast it clean with degreaser and then turn the lights off and use a black light to see if you can identify the source of the leak while running the tractor. Find Oil Leaks Easily With a UV Dye Light - YouTube They clearly know no what they are doing, even if they are honestly working in good faith to fix it. Give them some help that they don't really want! Seriously! May I ask what their corrective action has been for each of the six claims? How did they fix it? How did they troubleshoot it? etc.... etc.... If it was me, I would insist upon seeing the affected tractor pieces taken apart while they are repairing it so I could personally assess the condition of everything, I.e. Shaft diameter and condition, seal condition, housing bore diameter and condition, mating surfaces condition of all parts....

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

Jason

AgPro is your dealer. I'm very sorry about that. They are one of the largest Deere dealerships & are the very worst to do business with because of their size & power.

I had almost the same situation here with my tractor & AgPro. Had a bad mid PTO seal leak. Pulled the Transaxle myself & brought them the transaxle to replace the seal. The Jackass mechanic they gave the job to took like four months to put the seal in because he was as dumb as they come. Finally get the transaxle back & in 8 hours of run time its leaking again.

They fired the mechanic & this time they took the tractor in complete. I waited about a month while they hired a new mechanic. They did all the tear down work, replaced the oil seal & delivered the tractor back to me under a 90 day warranty. All work was covered by Deere's new parts warranty. What the first mechanic did was that he Rolled the oil seal when he put everything back. Short story, the jerk could not figure out how to place the gears back inside the case & he just shoved everything back in. The new guy showed me the damage that was done. The new guy was a young guy that had technical school training in Power train equipment. After six months or so of hell, finally got a tractor that does not leak.

AgPro is so big and if your not one of their million dollar steady customers the attitude is you go to the back burner & wait & maybe you might get a break & a mechanic that knows what he/she is doing. They have a real problem getting qualified people to do the repairs. There's just no one around any longer with the proper technical training & "Brains" to be a quality technician.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
They have a real problem getting qualified people to do the repairs. There's just no one around any longer with the proper technical training & "Brains" to be a quality technician.
I think this is a problem plaguing a lot of places, not just John Deere Dealers. Not many people want to be a mechanic anymore. I read an article about how hard recruiting is for the military. Most young people don't qualify because they are overweight, have health issues, can't pass the ASVAB Or what ever it is called now or have a bad criminal record. Of those left that actually would qualify, the large majority have no interest. I get it, military life isn't for everyone and like it not everyone wants to be a mechanic.

For the OP. I was wondering also if this might fall under a lemon law as well. Some of that depends on your state though. Also being without any machine on your property can be a challenge. Have they offered or have you asked about a loaner? Heck even if you can get a used machine it would be better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
Do tractors fall under the vehicle lemon laws?
The question should be, do the dealers fall under lemon law. :banghead:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would be demanding loaners for both tractors. And requesting/damanding the regional deere rep call you. I have found out being the nice guy in these situations gets you no where fast. I am not a fan of AgPro, I go to the ones in New Albany or Zanesville, but not Sure JD Equip was much better. Same people different name. Good luck to you

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Gentlemen, you may note that I also posted a new thread on how my 3046R tractor that is less than a year old has had a reoccurring 3pt hitch hitch jerking problem and has been to the dealership previously JD equipment and now owned by AgPro 21 times for warranty work, yes 21 times.

Now for the issues with my 2038R, this Tractor was purchased new from AgPro Lancaster. With 17hrs on the tractor it all of a sudden starting blowing hydraulic fluid under pressure forwards and backwards where the transmission bolts to the motor. The dealership had it for over a month, had to split the motor and tranny and stated there was little to zero factory applied sealant and that caused the leak. Unfortunalty for me, the leaking has re occurred and the the tractor has been taken back to AgPro 5 more times and is at the dealership now for this very issue.

2 brand new tractors, 27 warranty claims total and right now I have zero tractors on my property, both are at AgPro for service. I am truly sick to my stomach... my dealership in Lancaster has fired the store manager and 3 separate service managers. I have contacted Deere customer service and filed a claim, truthfully one of the more rude guys I’ve ever talked to in my life, zero compassion or help. I requested a meeting with a regional Deere rep and was told “he will contact you”, I asked for his number and was denied.

Has anyone had transmission leaks on their 2032/2038r tractors?

Any constructive suggestions on what I can do to kick this ball down the field?

Thank you very very much for all your help and suggestions, like I said I am just sick to my stomach I have 2 Deere tractors less than a year old, spent over $100,000 in tractors and implements, 27 warranty claims and they are both paperweights....

Jason

What hydraulic options do you have on the tractor? You say its blowing out between the engine and bellhousing?

Hopefully Jd110 or xcopterdoc can bring some more info on escalating the situation. Either way you go, I would be taking a serious look at your legal options against the dealer. I've never seen anything like this situation anywhere before, and the common denominator is the dealer.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
You might also try another dealer. Here is a link to the chain that bought most of the little guys out in IN and OH. not sure if they have a place near you but it's worth a look;

https://www.koenigequipment.com/locations#Ohio

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
There are really only two possibilities.

A) John Deere makes really crappy tractors that cannot be repaired even by the honest labors of hard working, skilled mechanics, or...

B) Your dealer consistently hires imbeciles who have no clue what they are doing.

We know it's not A. That only leaves one.

Once broken down like that, your options seem clear.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
I would be demanding loaners for both tractors. And requesting/damanding the regional deere rep call you. I have found out being the nice guy in these situations gets you no where fast. I am not a fan of AgPro, I go to the ones in New Albany or Zanesville, but not Sure JD Equip was much better. Same people different name. Good luck to you
At this point, between both of these threads, it's time to go beyond the regional rep. Who's to say that AgPro isn't in his back pocket, it's time to go up the food chain. You have to remember, this is not only making AgPro look bad, it's making him look worse. It is his job to police the dealers in his region, if he's not doing that then maybe it's time for JD to know that as well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
td - If your largest local television news has a consumer affairs reporter who does the "roach reports" on restaurants, it may be worth contacting them. If you're having repair issues, others likely are, too.

If that fails, dress up like your namesake The Duke before the epic shooting scene in True Grit, walk into the dealership and yell "Fill yer hands, you sons of b!tches!!!"

Brian

·
Registered
134 Posts
At this point, between both of these threads, it's time to go beyond the regional rep. Who's to say that AgPro isn't in his back pocket, it's time to go up the food chain. You have to remember, this is not only making AgPro look bad, it's making him look worse. It is his job to police the dealers in his region, if he's not doing that then maybe it's time for JD to know that as well.
Yeah,
Good point. I am sure he has the same regional rep as me, never heard from the guy. I logged a complaint at JD corp when the dealer couldnt fix my mower deck. After the 3rd attempt to fix it i told them what i wanted to happen, (replace the deck) the JD corp supervisor relayed my wishes to the regional rep and he agreed to replace it. Been about a year now and the new deck is just fine. To the OP I think you should tell them what you want them to do, (new trans, new tractor something) otherwise they will just keep attempting to repair until the warranty is expired then you are outa luck.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
It was hard for me to read your 2 posts. I only 'LIKED' them as a show of support, not because I like what has happened to you.
As someone that had a similar dealer problem with my Chevy Colorado that went back to the dealer over a dozen times for the same issue, I definitely sympathize with your plight.
While I do tend to be a mild person in everyday dealings with people, its issues like this that cause people to wig out, and justifiably.

As others have said, you DO have the patience of a Saint in all of your dealings and I wish you the best.

PS....this is one of the reasons they do not allow us all to walk around armed with rocket launchers strapped to our backs. :danger:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cannot thank you guys enough for taking the time to read my story and post replies. It really means a lot to me that you guys care about what’s going on with my situation.

I will try to answer as many questions as possible and while the 2 tractor issues were posted in separate forum threads I will copy and paste this post in both sections.

1) I have considered legal action. My sister is a Judge and she has looked into case law for Ohio specifically concerning Deere and excessive or slow warranty repairs. Deere has lost several cases similar to mine one in particular was a combine and Deere failed to make repairs in a timely fashion and had to reimburse the farmer for his crops/lost wages and emotional stress. I am funny, I have faith in humanity, I want my tractor repaired or replaced, not looking for fight. It is not completely out of the realm of possibility though.

2) My Tractor has had warranty repairs at AgPro New Albany and Lancaster, I have requested a meeting with a store and service manager, I’m waiting for a return call on that...

3) Update: I spent over 2hrs on the phone with Deere corporate today. I talked to financial services and they basically offered to let me skip a payment due to the financial hardship of not having a tractor, I told them thank you, but how about we make that no payments till it’s fixed and I was told “there will be fees and penalties, if you don’t make payment sir”. I then called Global Customer Service and talked to Lauren. Frankly the quick and short is he doesn’t seem to really care, he told me he will call my regional rep “Don” but I am not allowed to have his number, he got upset when I asked why I cannot have a meeting with “Don”, he said “it’s a busy time of year but maybe in the next two week”. What really upset me today was when Lauren read my dealers notes on my case. The notes said I “switch implements excessively and use too large of implements” wow, that really disappointed me. I own all frontier implements, all are 60” wide and 1 is 72” wide and all were purchased new from this dealership, I ran these 60” implements with my 1025r, true story seriously. The dealership wants to blame me using 60” implements on a $50,000 3series tractor even when their literature says I can run 8’ implements.

My Deere case number is GSC150054

John Deere 3046R Tractor jerking 3pt hydraulics - YouTube

I put up a short YouTube video, this is about the worst it’s ever been, it cannot even hold up the quick hitch it has nothing to do with the implement. The jerking is always rhythmic, sometimes ever 10 seconds, sometimes twice a second. I have hundreds of these videos on my phone from my less than year of ownership, I could post more but you get the idea.

Thanks again for following this thread and all the ideas guys. I don’t currently have the tractor it’s back at AgPro New Albany so I can’t really take detailed pictures.

I will continue to post updates as they come, good or bad. I bleed green, my truck license plate is “Tractor” true story, this whole thread is not about a smear campaign. It’s therapy for my to write this out and I hope it will get ideas from all your good brains.

Thanks guys

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts