1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Couple more
Thanks very much for the photos Yank. Since this is an investigation, one piece of information leads to other questions..... So here is my next question: Where does the line circled in read go to? Can you describe that and show me a photo of where the other end connects? You see in the other photo of MY 2038R, that line is MISSING completely!!! You can see the line is capped with a brass fitting on my tractor....

This is very helpful and I appreciate you helping me solve this long-standing mystery....

2038R Yank Hydraulics 04A.jpg

3rd Function Loader Hydraulic Kit 014.JPG

Thanks

Sincerely,

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll be busy for a day or two but as soon as I get some time I will follow that line and get some pics. You got me curious now!

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I?ll be busy for a day or two but as soon as I get some time I will follow that line and get some pics. You got me curious now!
No hurry yank. I will be traveling to West Palm Beach this week on business and I won't be home until Thursday, so other than satisfying my curiosity I won't be able to do anything with the tractor anyway.
As always, thank you very much for helping me try to solve this long standing mystery.

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tracked it down, Joe. I have some pics for you to follow the best you can. It goes back thru the rear of the tractor by the power beyond. Under the seat by the rock shaft control valve. It ends in a tee fitting that looks to go back into the top of the transmission under the seat. It goes into the top part of the tee.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple more

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm subscribed. I'll FINALLY be getting my tractor today with all the required hydraulics. I'll likely have questions as well. I'm willing to bet that my dealer screwed it up. Don't know why they wouldn't.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Couple more
Yank,
Thanks a million for these photos. These last two however are very unclear and I can't tell what you are pointing at. Granted I am at 30000 feet somewhere over the Atlantic connected by flifi WiFi on my iPhone. I just can't make out the detail in these last two. Is it just me on my iPhone or are the pics not clear?
Thanks

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Joe, it is a little blurry but it wouldn’t matter. It goes in at the power beyond and runs under the seat. If your looking in from the back of the tractor, it terminates to the left of the rock shaft control knob. It’s a tee fitting screwed in to a port on top of the transmission right underneath your seat. Two hydraulic hoses connect to this tee fitting. The hose you are missing is connected at the top female end. There is no way to get a good pic of it, you can barely see it with your eyes. Can’t get a camera close enough to pic it. Looks to me you would have to move the seat frame to get to the connector.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The fitting is similar to this one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Joe, it is a little blurry but it wouldn’t matter. It goes in at the power beyond and runs under the seat. If your looking in from the back of the tractor, it terminates to the left of the rock shaft control knob. It’s a tee fitting screwed in to a port on top of the transmission right underneath your seat. Two hydraulic hoses connect to this tee fitting. The hose you are missing is connected at the top female end. There is no way to get a good pic of it, you can barely see it with your eyes. Can’t get a camera close enough to pic it. Looks to me you would have to move the seat frame to get to the connector.
Okay thanks. I'm sure if I was standing next to my Tractor I would be able to figure it out. Will have to wait until Friday unfortunately.

I am going to have to read-up big-time on my hydraulics installations to ensure I fix this thing right once and fir all! If my dealer built it wrong and it is damaged in some way as a result, I'm going to be seriously pissed and looking for restitution.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
That "Tee" is probably a low pressure return to the tank line, that's the only thing that can be Tee'd in an OC hydraulic system.

Edit: I changed the title and moved the thread to the Hydraulics forum.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kenny, why would I have a line run to that point and Joe doesn’t, but both our tractors seem to be working fine?

·
Administrator
17,051 Posts
Kenny, why would I have a line run to that point and Joe doesn’t, but both our tractors seem to be working fine?

Joe posted about this extensively, maybe he remembers the thread. Basically his dealer screwed up the dual SCV installation and he had leaks and was missing lines. This is one reason he had to cap that port himself.

Your seems correct though.

(This would all be easier for everyone to understand if it was kept in the same thread, but I've lost track of them all and do not have time to search them all out)

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Yank,
Just to confirm.... do you have both Power Beyond AND Dual Rear SCV? I believe it makes a difference....

Thank you

Sincerely

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I have both the power beyond and two rear valves

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts