Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
john deere 2038r | eBay

Interesting. First I have seen a scale model of this.

Ordered the cd tech manual, I have the paper one but for this price I will risk to see what it is.

·
Premium Member
10,692 Posts
That's cool! Looks a bit more detailed than the 1/32 scale 2520 they had a while back. And... a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Let us know how the CD turns out. I need a tech manual

·
Registered
263 Posts
I too have the paper version. I don't know if the cd from JD is in pdf or html though I suspect html. Perhaps someone with the cd can verify the format? This one is pdf both printable and searchable but I don't know if the sections are interlinked. It looks promising though, I think I am interested as well at this price. You can follow the link to his site and get the 1025R TM cd if that is a better fit. He has a lot of other interesting stuff there.

·
Administrator
17,084 Posts
I don't know if the cd from JD is in pdf or html though I suspect html.
All the tech manuals I have and have seen are pdf, I'm sure this is one ( the real JD one I mean) is too.

·
Premium Member
10,692 Posts
I too have the paper version. I don't know if the cd from JD is in pdf or html though I suspect html. Perhaps someone with the cd can verify the format? This one is pdf both printable and searchable but I don't know if the sections are interlinked. It looks promising though, I think I am interested as well at this price. You can follow the link to his site and get the 1025R TM cd if that is a better fit. He has a lot of other interesting stuff there.
The JD CD-based manual for my 2720 is just a single flat file PDF with the following security properties:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like the real deal. By interlinked you mean than if you expand the sections in the book marks, then click on the page you want then yes. If your in the index at the back and click on a page number then yes as well. 1098 pages.

I could transfer to a jump drive and print.:good2:

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Seems like the real deal. By interlinked you mean than if you expand the sections in the book marks, then click on the page you want then yes. If your in the index at the back and click on a page number then yes as well. 1098 pages.

I could transfer to a jump drive and print.:good2:
I've spent more than that on a bad meal...no risk so I just ordered one to go along with the paper manual that I paid full price for...not even feeling guilty...

·
Registered
263 Posts
You talked me into it. Searching a pdf is a lot easier than leafing through all the pages. Ordered it tonight, looks like he may have only 17 left so I didn't want to wait too long.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've spent more than that on a bad meal...no risk so I just ordered one to go along with the paper manual that I paid full price for...not even feeling guilty...
We think a like on that one. :laugh:

You talked me into it. Searching a pdf is a lot easier than leafing through all the pages. Ordered it tonight, looks like he may have only 17 left so I didn't want to wait too long.
Agreed and now I can put my manual in a filing cabinet and just print the pages I need when I do.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arrived tonight so I asked sweetheart to schedule me some play time. Thinking about where I was going to put it and thinking I wished the Rops folded.:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well $#!&, now I have to upgrade to a 2038R so I can have a scaled version of my tractor. :lol:

Right, A turbo and a toy.:good2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts