Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found brighter bulb replacements for the front and fender lights???

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Has anyone found brighter bulb replacements for the front and fender lights???
Do you have the LED’s. I can’t imagine needing more light.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I love my JD premium LED light kit. Yes, because it's JD, it's more expensive than other options out there. However, I put a lot of value on systems designed to work with the tractor, and this package is plug n play. As mentioned above, it's like turning night into day. I've been looking forward to the shorter days to be able to play, I mean work, in the dark.

I haven't changed out the headlights yet, but I'll give the suggestion above a try.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I used these in the front headlight housings, made quite a difference

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kits/h4-led-headlight-conversion-kit-with-aluminum-finned-heat-sinks-6000-lumensset/4314/9633/

Definitely cannot beat the LED lighting package. It's like daylight at night.
For road use are blinding to other drivers? I like this idea because the standard headlights are ok but there are times I want to use it just for light but not have it idle. The standard bulbs should have more current draw and I would like the led’s to cut down on that.

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
I love my JD premium LED light kit. Yes, because it's JD, it's more expensive than other options out there. However, I put a lot of value on systems designed to work with the tractor, and this package is plug n play. As mentioned above, it's like turning night into day. I've been looking forward to the shorter days to be able to play, I mean work, in the dark.
I'm not sure how much actual JD "design" went into the Premium LED light kit. :) They are simply off the shelf "Grote" LED work lights and JD includes a small wiring harness in the kit with the proper connectors. This is similar to the J.W. Speaker work lights used on the Gen-1 2-series.

Don't get me wrong, it is a decent work light but at $424 JD's prices are way over the top. There are other just-as-good or even better LED work lights for a fraction of the cost. What some folks do is order the wiring harness from JD as a spare part and then attach it to the lights of your choosing and viola... you have plug 'n play.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I'm not sure how much actual JD "design" went into the Premium LED light kit. :) They are simply off the shelf "Grote" LED work lights and JD includes a small wiring harness in the kit with the proper connectors. This is similar to the J.W. Speaker work lights used on the Gen-1 2-series.

Don't get me wrong, it is a decent work light but at $424 JD's prices are way over the top. There are other just-as-good or even better LED work lights for a fraction of the cost. What some folks do is order the wiring harness from JD as a spare part and then attach it to the lights of your choosing and viola... you have plug 'n play.

Yeah you're right, what I meant was coming prewired with a harness designed to work perfectly with the tractor. Thanks for the clarification. I ordered mine with my tractor and it was discounted in the overall package.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Do you know the part number for the light harness?

Thank you

John Deere 4066R

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is H4 the bulbs that fit the 2038? Can the fender bulbs be changed to LED?

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Do you know the part number for the light harness?
Hmmm... I replied to this earlier this afternoon but I don't see my post. Website must have glitched during the submission. Here it is again. A word of caution, JD is even more proud of the wires than they are the light kit. Probably better to purchase the connectors elsewhere. This wasn't the case with the Gen-1 wiring harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some pictures of my bulb installation. Pretty straight forward. Bulbs must be oriented like last picture (w/ end cup facing up) or else the beam will be projected upward.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ordered a set. Thanks, buddy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmm... I replied to this earlier this afternoon but I don't see my post. Website must have glitched during the submission. Here it is again. A word of caution, JD is even more proud of the wires than they are the light kit. Probably better to purchase the connectors elsewhere. This wasn't the case with the Gen-1 wiring harness.
Is harness number 9, generic on all lights for the end plugs? ie will it fit a 4 series? Or is there anyone who sells a splitter from the original light plug to add another light with a factory plug?

John Deere 4066R

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Is harness number 9, generic on all lights for the end plugs? ie will it fit a 4 series? Or is there anyone who sells a splitter from the original light plug to add another light with a factory plug?
If memory serves correctly, the Gen-2 2-series uses a small waterproof multi-conductor connector for the work lights. I believe the 4066R uses the little single conductor bullet connectors, is that correct?

The discussions so far have been about the Premium LED Work Light Kit that is sold for the Gen-2 2-series (BLV10673). According to what I can find in the Build Your Own for the 4066R OOS, JD only offers the standard 2-light LED work light kit (BLV10497). This is the same J.W. Speaker LED kit my Gen-1 2-series uses.

The components are shown below. It uses the little bullet connectors. The kit comes with two splitters which you can purchase separately as a spare part for use with your own lights (which is what I did). I will say, JD has increased the price considerably on these little splitter harnesses since I bought mine. They now want $35 each which quite frankly is ridiculous for something that you could make for $5.00. I'm told NAPA sells the little bullet connectors. I'm certain other places do as well. You just have to make sure you get the proper diameter bullets.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
If memory serves correctly, the Gen-2 2-series uses a small waterproof multi-conductor connector for the work lights. I believe the 4066R uses the little single conductor bullet connectors, is that correct?

The discussions so far have been about the Premium LED Work Light Kit that is sold for the Gen-2 2-series (BLV10673). According to what I can find in the Build Your Own for the 4066R OOS, JD only offers the standard 2-light LED work light kit (BLV10497). This is the same J.W. Speaker LED kit my Gen-1 2-series uses.

The components are shown below. It uses the little bullet connectors. The kit comes with two splitters which you can purchase separately as a spare part for use with your own lights (which is what I did). I will say, JD has increased the price considerably on these little splitter harnesses since I bought mine. They now want $35 each which quite frankly is ridiculous for something that you could make for $5.00. I'm told NAPA sells the little bullet connectors. I'm certain other places do as well. You just have to make sure you get the proper diameter bullets.
Here is the light connection I have on my 4 series cab. Would it be the same as the 2 series?

John Deere 4066R

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Here is the light connection I have on my 4 series cab. Would it be the same as the 2 series?

John Deere 4066R
I cannot answer that. Mine is a Gen-1 and uses bullet connectors.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Some pictures of my bulb installation. Pretty straight forward. Bulbs must be oriented like last picture (w/ end cup facing up) or else the beam will be projected upward.
Was it a direct plug in with no mods to the wiring but comparing photos it sure looks that way.

This is the connector on the new 2 series so no I don’t think so.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts