Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i can get a 2038r with the nsl loader this week we that already signed for. But for $1100 more we can get the msl loader and have to wait until may to get the tractor and loader. The question is do we wait or just get the nsl loader. The main reason i like the msl loader is for the better lifing compacity. And the self leveling is going to be nice for the wife

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
The lift capacity would sell it for me, if it was available when I bought mine, I would have it. I've already maxed out the 220R NSL a few times on heavy pallets that the MSL would have no problem with.

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,548 Posts
Yes, it's worth the wait, just for the lift capacity alone.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Wait for the MSL. Easier control and more capacity.

·
Registered
25,145 Posts
Get what you want - you'll only regret it later.

I know I am the odd one out but when I buy something like a tractor it's a lifelong purchase. Get what you want the first time and you will never be tempted to buy something different.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think TTWT did a MSL versus NSL test (on a 1 series) and there really wasn't that much difference.

And the MSL loader has less range of motion if I remember right. I'd get the NSL loader, it's what I have now and I've never wished that it would/could level itself. Then again, I enjoy doing things that take skill to do smoothly.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Depends on your application. For a grapple, the NSL is nicer with the additional curl range. For lift capacity, or heavy pallet use, MSL all the way. I would have bought the MSL if available when I bought mine but there is not enough value for me to upgrade now from the NSL. 🤷‍♂️ I’ll be ok. I need the money for the JD 3rd function!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think TTWT did a MSL versus NSL test (on a 1 series) and there really wasn't that much difference.

And the MSL loader has less range of motion if I remember right. I'd get the NSL loader, it's what I have now and I've never wished that it would/could level itself. Then again, I enjoy doing things that take skill to do smoothly.
He also did it on the 220R loader and found a 50% increase

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,548 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
My experience has been that with practice you will learn where the sweet spots are on the joy stick to keep the bucket level going up or down..

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,548 Posts
with practice you will learn where the sweet spots are on the joy stick
I found the sweet spots on my MSL too, it's called up and down.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I've been running NSL loaders for decades. I currently have an H180 MSL on a 4720, and a 220r NSL on a Gen 2 2032R. Currently desperately trying to work a deal to replace the NSL for a MSL. Running a MSL is a lot faster than a NSL loader, plus I too need the extra lifting capacity. Putting a MSL on a 38R puts it real close to the capacity of a 3R loader. That says it all.

Wait for the MSL! It is worth it. I won't buy a new loader without it. The loss of some curl is negligible.

Allen.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would say I have become very comfortable with the NSL on my 38R and after watching the TTWT tests Tim did, I would be interested in the MSL. However, I really like the curl function without trying to figure out where it needs to be(position) to get the desired result as seen in his video. There are several areas where you can not go with the MSL that you can go with the NSL, in my opition.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Good to know! Could you still use the bucket to walk the tractor out if it's stuck?
Yes you can, and I have with the H180. To me this is the one area where the lessor curl could be an issue. MSL curl vary from loader to loader. Look at the 120R, way less curl, very little lift power improvement. The 220R, BIG increase, and little loss in back curl, moderate loss in up curl. Almost 1400 to full height. I don't think I want to move that much weight that high with a 32/38R very far, no matter how much rear ballast!

Now, being able to lift15/1800 plus 2-3 1/2 feet off the ground? Just what I'm looking for.

Allen

1 - 20 of 46 Posts