Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Right choice IMO, I bought a 2032r last year and its a great machine for me because of my hills and mowing. But you need your tractor to do those things and the extra weight makes a lot of difference for ground engaging. When I am doing ground work I add 600lb ballast and still wish I had more weight. You'll be happy with your decision, congratulations.:good2:

Reactions: vila251

·
Premium Member
13,895 Posts
Just got an email from my salesman

$39999.00 Tractor 3039R with ehydro,mid pto, auxscv, 3Rd function on loader, H165 Loader, 375A backhoe, imatch hitch, power beyond hydraulics for backhoe. No other implements. I need to move on the tractor quickly . Please advise.
Thank You
Charlie Howard

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. This is tax included at 3%. I'll be ordering a grapple and a few other implements while I'm waiting on the tractor. Thank you everyone for all your suggestions.
:good2:

Congrats on the new tractor.

They are great machines.

Reactions: vila251

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Congrats. Sounds like a great setup. Enjoy it. :good2::good2:

Reactions: vila251 and rtgt

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Congrats nice machine

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Dang y'all it now looks like I will be in the market for a grapple thingy... Heck someone needs my money more than me anyway. :gizmo:
Your money does you no good until you give it to someone...

·
Premium Member
13,895 Posts
Thanks. rtgt do you feel your 375A backhoe is sufficient for what you do? This is my first tractor and i want to make sure i get it right the first time.
Jut saw this post......probably a little late to respond now... You probably already have the equipment and are playing with it. :good2:

The 375A does everything I need it to do (so far). I know it will do even more, but it has to wait for me to catch up with my experience operating it. :laugh:

Hope you've got you new tractor by now.

Reactions: BigJim55 and pcabe5

·
Premium Member
13,895 Posts
Dang y'all it now looks like I will be in the market for a grapple thingy... Heck someone needs my money more than me anyway. :gizmo:
Grapples are GRRRRRRRReat!

If you own a chainsaw and don't have child labor available....they are the best thing since electric start.

Reactions: BigJim55 and pcabe5

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Grapples are GRRRRRRRReat!

If you own a chainsaw and don't have child labor available....they are the best thing since electric start.
Lol @ "child labor available"

I did that as a kid, came home from school, started working wood with my dad til dinner was ready, came in and ate dinner, did homework, watched wheel of fortune and jeopardy (if homework was done), ate a small bowl of ice cream and went to bed at 8:30... repeat next day

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Jut saw this post......probably a little late to respond now... You probably already have the equipment and are playing with it. :good2:

The 375A does everything I need it to do (so far). I know it will do even more, but it has to wait for me to catch up with my experience operating it. :laugh:

Hope you've got you new tractor by now.
Not yet. I decided to order a 2018 model. Hopefully mid December.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Depending upon what you are doing, a set of pallet forks might be just as good as a grapple, for far cheaper.

I've cut down lots of trees, cut them to a length the tractor can handle, then just slide the forks under, and move the log(s) where they need to go. I've also built a racking system in my barn and put seasonal/rarely used stuff on pallets so I use the forks to swap stuff around for storage.

For those that have a grapple, how are you doing the hydraulics for it?

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Depending upon what you are doing, a set of pallet forks might be just as good as a grapple, for far cheaper.

I've cut down lots of trees, cut them to a length the tractor can handle, then just slide the forks under, and move the log(s) where they need to go. I've also built a racking system in my barn and put seasonal/rarely used stuff on pallets so I use the forks to swap stuff around for storage.

For those that have a grapple, how are you doing the hydraulics for it?
VirtualGreen,
I installed the WR Long 3rd function hydraulic kit on my 2038R.... Check out my YouTube video on the installation.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbRzlQytrVA&t=16s

Sincerely

Reactions: pcabe5 and BigJim55

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got an email from my salesman

$39999.00 Tractor 3039R with ehydro,mid pto, auxscv, 3Rd function on loader, H165 Loader, 375A backhoe, imatch hitch, power beyond hydraulics for backhoe. No other implements. I need to move on the tractor quickly . Please advise.
Thank You
Charlie Howard

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. This is tax included at 3%. I'll be ordering a grapple and a few other implements while I'm waiting on the tractor. Thank you everyone for all your suggestions.
Hi - I’m currently in this SAME situation. How do you feel with your choice? I’m VERY conflicted. Need to decide quickly as the dealer is sourcing me a 2038R but deep down I wonder if I should just figure it out and get the 3039R?! However, I think the pricing is different now and just the tractor with the loader would be in the high 30s.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.