Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 2038R that is overheating and throwing an ICC 110.00 error a few minutes after starting and raising rpm to pto speed of 540 (even without the pto actually engaged. All fluid levels are fine, and the radiator and front grill are clear. Anybody have any thoughts about what could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Is the radiater actually full or dose it have a seperate reserve bottle that you checked?

Thermostat comes to mind as a "maybe".

Have you run it long enough to see if its opening?

You could start tractor COLD with radiater cap off and compare results.

You'll see antifreeze moving when thermostat opens ( provided you can see this area).

If thermostat is stuck it will likely start puking antifreeze everywhere......be prepared for that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
there is a tempurature sensor somewhere that controls that. I had to have mine replaced after they replaced the defective radiator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a plastic reservoir next to the actual radiator. When the stop error comes up on the dash, the antifreeze has risen from the "cold" line all the way to the high line. I have to go by the dealer tomorrow anyway, so I will see what the service department has to say. Thermostat seems like a pretty good guess, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is the radiater actually full or dose it have a seperate reserve bottle that you checked?

Thermostat comes to mind as a "maybe".

Have you run it long enough to see if its opening?

You could start tractor COLD with radiater cap off and compare results.

You'll see antifreeze moving when thermostat opens ( provided you can see this area).

If thermostat is stuck it will likely start puking antifreeze everywhere......be prepared for that.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
This is why I mentioned ......look in radiator.

If level is low =air....senser and themostat can't read air.

Report back after dealer consult

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Let us know what the service department says, but you should be able tell pretty easily if the radiator is full if the tank of the radiator is actually heating up, and if the air being pulled the radiator is warm. I had an old Mazda once that had a coolant leak, I knew something was wrong when the temp gauge rose but also when I put my hand on the radiator core (veins) and they were cold.

Also, dumb question, but the fan belt is on and tight, and the fan is pulling air through the radiator, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
AJgrn78, not only was that not a dumb question, it was the RIGHT question! I seem to think of the tractor as some kind of new and mysterious machine, so I don't think of looking at the things I would immediately check on a car with the same symptoms. I took a peak behind the fan and found a naked fan pulley and a torn up belt. Given only 112 hrs on the engine so far, that should not have happened. The dealer is going to pick it up in the morning, will look for a cause and replace the belt. Thank you very much for asking the "dumb" question!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts