Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this afternoon, I thought I would put on my heavy hitch toolbar and do some digging. That ended up being a bad idea.....Sprung a large hydo leak over the rear axle housing. :banghead: It soaked the inside of the passenger(right) tire and was a continuous flow of fluid while the tractor was running. I guess it will be going to the dealer in the next few days. Nothing like taking a 2 hr road trip to drop off tractor and come home. Hopefully they will deliver it back to me when its finished. 26.7 hrs on the meter....:nunu: Second photo is hard to tell but that is all fluid on the transfer case. It was just running down it just beside the wire loom while running. :gaah: Thankfully its still under warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I wouldn't be delivering $πit to the dealer. They would be coming to get it. 2hrs trip. Your a better man than me.:lol:

Right side is where the loader control valve is. Maybe sprung a leak from there. :dunno:

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
I wouldn't be delivering $πit to the dealer. They would be coming to get it. 2hrs trip. Your a better man than me.:lol:

Right side is where the loader control valve is. Maybe sprung a leak from there. :dunno:

ha! jd dealer will not haul it free for warranty work. went thru that back in 06 with mine. talk about being pee-owed.

so i thought i'dl get around that, and have a service truck come out-and they could do the warranty work, and i'dl have a few other things done:lol:

well............that didn't go to good either. got charged mileage, plus per hr. i went up to the dealer i had then, and we came to a fair exchange of this:gizmo: after that episode i hauled it back and forth myself-still em. 12 yrs.:laugh: this summer!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
When the bolts fell out of my front trunnion mount, the dealer came and got it, and dropped it back off. Free of charge!

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
When the bolts fell out of my front trunnion mount, the dealer came and got it, and dropped it back off. Free of charge!
:dunno:i'm glad they did that for ya. mine won't do it--highly doubt they would now. if i get this new gator-i'll be trying em out again. of course they will bring it out as a new item, then they let ya on ur own.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm sure it differs dealer to dealer. Mine could turncoat on me at any time. But for now they're ok.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Have you checked to see if it is just a loose line/connection? With that much fluid I would think it is something simple like that versus a seal. Did the dealer have to add anything to your hydraulic system like a third function valve or something that might have vibrated loose?

I would give a once over and see if it can be fixed by you before hauling it back in. I know its under warranty but your time and fuel are worth something...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you checked to see if it is just a loose line/connection? With that much fluid I would think it is something simple like that versus a seal. Did the dealer have to add anything to your hydraulic system like a third function valve or something that might have vibrated loose?

I would give a once over and see if it can be fixed by you before hauling it back in. I know its under warranty but your time and fuel are worth something...
I would have to remove the inner fender cover and possibly the wheel to see what is going on so I might as well let them do it. Also from the beginning it has seemed like I am not getting the full lift power so I want them to check to make sure its working correctly. Nothing extra has been added by the dealer except the single point hydro which does not need anything near the main supply in the rear. I might have them add the rear ports while its there though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loaded up and ready to go to the dealer.....:banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
fjjd18---:bigthumb: i got to say u got the bestes color their is for a pickup:mocking::good2: i'm kinda partial to that color. like the trailer too-ok. good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Most manufacturers do not pay for mileage and travel labor under warranty on pieces of equipment that can be hauled or driven to the dealer easily. So, if the dealer does pick up and deliver a machine under warranty, they are eating that cost as an "value added" service.

These kinds of value added services are things that should be discussed when you buy the tractor.

Of course, no one works for free, including us. If a dealer provides this pick up and delivery service during warranty service, they are paying the person who is driving the truck and putting fuel in the truck which eats into their profit. So, if a dealer makes 20% profit, which they probably do not, on a $20,000.00 tractor, they profited $4000.00 on the sale. Most dealers that provide "value added" services not paid for by warranty will take a percentage of the profit and hold in reserve through the warranty period to pay for these types of services.

Of course, if the dealer is forced to make less profit on the sale, they cannot reserve these $$$$, so then the "value added" services are taken out of the deal.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fjjd18---:bigthumb: i got to say u got the bestes color their is for a pickup:mocking::good2: i'm kinda partial to that color. like the trailer too-ok. good luck.
BigJim, thanks for the compliment and it took my some time to get used to the red truck. Trailer was completely custom built to haul anything under 10k in weight.

Talked with dealer about bringing tractor back and if your dealer is willing to do it for free, then hang onto them because as most have said on here, warranty does not pay for them to pick up/deliver. Mine is going to work with me but I am still going to have to pay something for them to bring it back. I will decide how much is too much when they give me a cost.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Report on tractor is 2 Orings around main manifold had been blown by so they now have been replaced. Mechanic said they may have been leaking air in for some time but I did not see any fluid leaking before the other day. Then when I started to use it under high rpm and constant pressure of digging with FEL, that the hydro system heat and pressure was too much for those Orings ??? Not sure I buy that but we will see when I start digging again. :unknown: And $150 to bring my tractor back 72 miles so I will just go and get it myself

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Report on tractor is 2 Orings around main manifold had been blown by so they now have been replaced. Mechanic said they may have been leaking air in for some time but I did not see any fluid leaking before the other day. Then when I started to use it under high rpm and constant pressure of digging with FEL, that the hydro system heat and pressure was too much for those Orings ??? Not sure I buy that but we will see when I start digging again. :unknown: And $150 to bring my tractor back 72 miles so I will just go and get it myself
I suspect either the O-rings were defective (less likely) or the manifold was not tightened enough creating enough clearance for blow-by (more likely). If they replaced the O-rings and tightened up the manifold I suspect you'll be good to go.

Reminds me of Guss's quote from "The Right Stuff"... "It just blew!!!" :)

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Glad it wasn't serious. Just a PIA hope you are good to go. :good2::good2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts