Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to switch my turnbuckle style sway links to a telescoping version with pins.

I know that deer does not sell that option but I’m wondering if there are any aftermarket versions or if I will have to have it fabricated myself

202 2038R

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
I just watched a video from Messick's about it. perhaps the on from Kobota will fit. I know they are black so it wont stand out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There are some much better aftermarket versions out there.

Maybe try this outfit:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just watched a video from Messick's about it. perhaps the on from Kobota will fit. I know they are black so it wont stand out.
Yeah, I wouldn’t care what color they are. I have not watched the Messicks video but I watched KNH Tractor’s on YouTube build his own and mention domestics video.

His were for a BX and they were completely different.

I’ll find a Messicks video and double check

·
Premium Member
15,955 Posts

Maybe try this outfit:
True. But he only makes them for certain tractor makes and models. A couple years ago I contacted them about a set for my 2720 and they said they do not make them for my tractor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I inquired about the stabilworks stabilizers a little over a year ago and Mark said he did make them for the 2038R. He also said they can be painted black or green.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Maybe try this outfit:
Looks like it might be a winner. I have a set of telescoping lift arms on the way and I’m looking forward to making the hook up process more user-friendly for my baumalight stump grinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I inquired about the stabilworks stabilizers a little over a year ago and Mark said he did make them for the 2038R. He also said they can be painted black or green.
Thanks. I think I’ll just order some.

Did you actually get them or just look into it

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got on the list also, I am hoping it will allow me to mark the holes for my implements and use in conjunction with my pats quick hitch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks. I think I’ll just order some.

Did you actually get them or just look into it

They have been on my to do list for a while, but have been relegated to the "after important stuff category" that goes forgotten sometimes. But now they've been dug up and I might be placing an order as well. :p

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have been on my to do list for a while, but have been relegated to the "after important stuff category" that goes forgotten sometimes. But now they've been dug up and I might be placing an order as well. :p
If you want them at all I’d say order them now because he said he has a waitlist for several months. You order them now and pay for them when they’re made

I got on the waitlist but I’m still hoping to find another way to get them I know a guy who fabricates so we may do it ourselves
What was the price on these? The website says 200 and up, was it much more than that?
$250

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
I want to switch my turnbuckle style sway links to a telescoping version with pins.

I know that deer does not sell that option but I’m wondering if there are any aftermarket versions or if I will have to have it fabricated myself

202 2038R
Check HOME | Stabilworks

You might also check some used part places if there is some part that would work from another model or even another brand.

Treefarmer

Reactions: Bill2

·
Registered
156 Posts
Would I be right assuming that I could pin the sway bars to set positions for certain implements, so I wouldn't have to use the pats spacer bar. Either way it has to be a vast improvement over the turnbuckle!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SRG

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Would I be right assuming that I could pin the sway bars to set positions for certain implements, so I wouldn't have to use the pats spacer bar. Either way it has to be a vast improvement over the turnbuckle!

I have Pats system, and Mark Hodges telescoping links. Pretty much every implement I own, I never had to adjust the telescoping links, to get it to hookup. Some of my implements were/are a little tighter than others, in lower pin width, but I could always get PATs to line up, and easily pick them. Your mileage may vary.
I can't recall ever using the alignment bar, with the telescoping links. I may have lucked out with how the telescoping links were built, I don't know, but it works great.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Reactions: PJR832 and Bill2

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have Pats system, and Mark Hodges telescoping links. Pretty much every implement I own, I never had to adjust the telescoping links, to get it to hookup. Some of my implements were/are a little tighter than others, in lower pin width, but I could always get PATs to line up, and easily pick them. Your mileage may vary.
I can't recall ever using the alignment bar, with the telescoping links. I may have lucked out with how the telescoping links were built, I don't know, but it works great.
View attachment 779592
Just what I wanted to hear. Set it and it works for all the standard implements, but adjustable for the odd balls. Thanks. Only have to wait 6 months, oh well, turnbuckles aren't bad, just could be better.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,446 Posts
There was a guy on the 2 series FB group who put a set of Massey stabilizers on his 2038R. A few of us asked which Massey they came off of but he never answered. Don't think he did it intentionally, just a person who had something cool to share and isn't very active in the group. But he did say they bolted right on without any modification.

Reactions: The Satch

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Pretty much I'd say. Overall, there is enough slop in the entire 3pt system (links, lower arms, sway links, PATs), that you'll have some wiggle room when backing into an implement, and latching onto it.

Reactions: Bill2

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am excited to be able to lock the arms into place when I don't have an implement on the back.

·
Registered
202 Posts

202 2038R
Just received mine in today from Mike Hodge and they are a thing of beauty

1 - 20 of 27 Posts