Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I have the Premium LED Light Kit and it was dealer installed, however, the right and left light are out there un-protected... did the dealer miss something? Is there an aftermarket solution? Thanks!

Brian

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Which lights are you referring too?? The ROPS work lights come with guards, the fender lights do not.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you are talking about the guard around the new work lights that sit on top of the ROPS lights here is the part number BLV10399.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
did the dealer miss something? Is there an aftermarket solution?
If you don't have the guards around your ROPS work lights then yes, the dealer missed something.
part number BLV10399.
And you can give them this part # so they can give them too you, no need to look for after market parts when you've already paid for the OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
If you don't have the guards around your ROPS work lights then yes, the dealer missed something.
The ROPS brush guards for the lights do not come with the Premium LED work light kit. They are optional and must be purchased separately.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
There's two different parts numbers for the guard brackets.
Correct. The large rectangular guards are the Warning Light Brush Guard Kit and are required if you want to mount a work light above the warning lights. The small square guard is the Work Light Brush Guard Kit. JD never used to offer the small square guard until recently.

Both must be purchased separately from the Premium work light kit.

Reactions: wch_chip

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
The ROPS brush guards for the lights do not come with the Premium LED work light kit. They are optional and must be purchased separately.
Correct, but if you try to purchase the LED kit it will flag them as “must be purchased with”.
The main point is that his dealer missed it, how did they install the lights??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Correct, but if you try to purchase the LED kit it will flag them as “must be purchased with”.
The main point is that his dealer missed it, how did they install the lights??
The only kit that is required is the rectangular Warning Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10400) as that provides the mount point for the lights. The square Work Light Brush Guard Kit is completely optional and I suspect it is the one the OP is wishing he had. The big guard protects the warning lights and the little guard protects the work light.

Here is how JD lists them in the configurator:

Premium LED Work Light Kit
Option Code : BLV10673
  • Requires Warning Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10400). Work Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10399) Can Be Added For Additional Protection. Includes 2 ROPS mounted (Far Beam) LED Lights with 360 degree rotation. Includes 2 Fender mounted (Near Beam) LED Lights. Includes 1 Rear mounted (Near Beam) LED Light for PTO and Hitch Illumination.

Reactions: wch_chip

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
The only kit that is required is the rectangular Warning Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10400) as that provides the mount point for the lights. The square Work Light Brush Guard Kit is completely optional and I suspect it is the one the OP is wishing he had. The big guard protects the warning lights and the little guard protects the work light.

Here is how JD lists them in the configurator:

Premium LED Work Light Kit
Option Code : BLV10673
  • Requires Warning Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10400). Work Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10399) Can Be Added For Additional Protection. Includes 2 ROPS mounted (Far Beam) LED Lights with 360 degree rotation. Includes 2 Fender mounted (Near Beam) LED Lights. Includes 1 Rear mounted (Near Beam) LED Light for PTO and Hitch Illumination.
Gotcha, when I ordered that kit for mine it came with them, the salesman told me it was part of the “premium “ kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jgayman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Awesome thanks! ... and yes, of course they installed the " Warning Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10400)" - not trying to be smart but there would have been no way to mount the upper light... but I need to order which part number to get the square guard to go around my LED at the very top? - the BLV10399?

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Awesome thanks! ... and yes, of course they installed the " Warning Light Brush Guard Kit (BLV10400)" - not trying to be smart but there would have been no way to mount the upper light... but I need to order which part number to get the square guard to go around my LED at the very top? - the BLV10399?
Yes, that’s the one.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Here is a photo of BadAss with all the light guards installed!
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
Here is a photo of BadAss with all the light guards installed!
Sincerely
Are the work light guards thick enough to keep the light from blinding you at night when you turn around to look backwards? I installed the Artillian blinders on my lights as the guards weren’t available when I installed my lights.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Are the work light guards thick enough to keep the light from blinding you at night when you turn around to look backwards? I installed the Artillian blinders on my lights as the guards weren’t available when I installed my lights.
I have never had a problem with being blinded by the LED work lights. They are extremely bright (turn night into day) and the shields work great!
Sincerely

Reactions: greenharley

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I have the same guards with the LED lights and don't get blinded either. the guards are kind of shaped like the blinders.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
I have never had a problem with being blinded by the LED work lights. They are extremely bright (turn night into day) and the shields work great!
Sincerely
I have the same guards with the LED lights and don't get blinded either. the guards are kind of shaped like the blinders.

Allen.
jgayman, I've had both. I had the Artillian blinders on my 1023 and my 2025R, I now have the JD ones on my 38R. They work just as good, maybe the Artillian's are slightly better because they are longer, but I did not have a problem with the JD one's, though I have since turned those lights around to face rearward since I put a 20" light bar facing forward.

Reactions: jgayman

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
Not sure if y'all noticed but the ROPS-mounted LED work lights face rearward so they would never be in a position to blind me when I turn around and look backwards. The forward-facing LED work lights are mounted on the black trim on top of the rear fenders.

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Thanks guys because of this thread I just ordered the light shields> I had the Artillian horse blinders on my 1025R with the LED lights and when I sold my 1025R 3weeks ago I took the lights off to use on my 2038R . I was happy with the horse blinders but my brother keep running them into things then I would have to lossen light and straighten them up.

Reactions: HomesteadJoe
1 - 20 of 43 Posts