Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
What I like best about the new guards is that you can rotate them from facing front to facing the rear whenever you want. Inside the guard there is a formed metal tab that the mounting bracket of the light butts up against, not allowing the light itself to turn. You have to turn the whole light guard as an assembly. In the kit there is a plastic washer with an adhesive backing that you stick to the WARNING light brush guard,thus allowing the WORK light guard to rotate. Took me awhile to figure all the hardware out as extra bolts and washers are included, but it works great. Nice to be able to turn either side forward or backward as needed, and no worrying about getting burnt by a hot light.

Allen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks all got the guards in today and got them installed. Exactly what I was looking for. If only Deere did right/left swivals for the fender lights... With the loader on they are useless.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks all got the guards in today and got them installed. Exactly what I was looking for. If only Deere did right/left swivals for the fender lights... With the loader on they are useless.
I agree. On the 2025R they swivel but the loader arms still got in the way.

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
They do swivel, I have mine aimed outward and down, pretty much shining right beside the tractor. Are you saying the "premium" fender lights don't turn and swivel? I have the standard fender lights that I put LED bulbs in.

·
Registered
146 Posts
They do swivel, I have mine aimed outward and down, pretty much shining right beside the tractor. Are you saying the "premium" fender lights don't turn and swivel? I have the standard fender lights that I put LED bulbs in.
My standard fender lights move up and down but don't move left to right. I don't have the premium light package.

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
My standard fender lights move up and down but don't move left to right. I don't have the premium light package.
Are you sure, I’m not ashamed to admit that I owned my 2025 for a year before I realized that they also swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Are you sure, I’m not ashamed to admit that I owned my 2025 for a year before I realized that they also swivel.

I will certainly double check but I thought I checked and remember thinking it's weird that they didn't swivel. I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong.

·
Registered
146 Posts

I walked out in the dark to check, and I was wrong. They do swivel. :whistle:

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
I will certainly double check but I thought I checked and remember thinking it's weird that they didn't swivel. I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong.
No shame in learning something new.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
If they are bolted down really tight, they will be difficult to swivel. I remember having to set the torque just so I could swivel them by hand whenever needed.
Sincerely

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Ummm... ok, now, I will go and check... -absolutely no way, the plastic is molded to give it the up and down movement, but the only way I could get a left/right swivel is that there would have to be something with the light itself. Maybe THAT got forgotten during the dealer retrofit of the OEM premium lights? Can anyone send a pic of theirs (if they have it?)

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
The LED work light mounts to the top of the shield with one bolt that acts as the swivel point.
Sincerely

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
The LED work light mounts to the top of the shield with one bolt that acts as the swivel point.
Which is pretty much how every work light mounts. Which means every single-bolt work light made has the ability to swivel. Just don't tighten the bolt all the way and leave a little slack in the wiring. :)

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
"premium" fender lights
Ummm... ok, now, I will go and check... -absolutely no way, the plastic is molded to give it the up and down movement, but the only way I could get a left/right swivel is that there would have to be something with the light itself. Maybe THAT got forgotten during the dealer retrofit of the OEM premium lights? Can anyone send a pic of theirs (if they have it?)

Brian
Just to be clear, I'm referring to the fender lights. I have the OEM fender lights that I put LED bulbs in, those do in fact swivel. I think the premium light kit replaces the fender lights with a different style light, perhaps those do not swivel. Hard to believe that JD would design them light, unless they just want you to light up the back side of your loader mounts.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Just to be clear, I'm referring to the fender lights. I have the OEM fender lights that I put LED bulbs in, those do in fact swivel. I think the premium light kit replaces the fender lights with a different style light, perhaps those do not swivel. Hard to believe that JD would design them light, unless they just want you to light up the back side of your loader mounts.
The Premium LED fender lights do swivel. The kit comes with new U-shaped brackets for the fender mount and the light itself mounts to a U-shaped bracket. Where the two brackets meet is secured with a single bolt. The light swivels on this bolt (see below).

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
@jgayman please help, I have attached the pics of my fender lights on my 2038r... the actual plastic is molded, I do not see how these would swivel...
Well... that sure is interesting. It looks like the dealer didn't use the brackets that came with the kit and instead just attached the LED light in the same manor as the factory halogen light. While this does make for a somewhat lower profile installation, it eliminates the swivel functionality.

Below is a page from the BLV10673 installation manual showing how the bracket is to be installed on the fender lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,666 Posts
I'd be back at the dealer asking questions. Being able to swivel these is a great feature.

Allen.
NOT being able to swivel them renders them somewhat useless with the FEL on.

I'd be asking my dealer for the brackets too.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
NOT being able to swivel them renders them somewhat useless with the FEL on.

I'd be asking my dealer for the brackets too.
Agree. Especially since the four brackets alone are around $86.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts