Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the part number for the wheel spacers for a 2038R? I’d like to get a set ordered.

Do you have to do both the front and rear or can I just do the rear?

Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know the part number off hand. I can tell you, the front wheels can be swapped widening the stance. However, if you use the mmm you can't swap the fronts.

Jsaint
2017 2032r, mmm, FEL

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
BLV10430 Wheel Spacer Set, 60MM

Sincerely

Attachments

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those pictures, I would like to do the same set up. I can't switch my fronts because of the MMM as well so I guess its rear only.

·
Administrator
18,546 Posts
Adding front spaces will not add to stability anyway since the front axle pivots, at least not until the pivot limit is reached anyway.

Reactions: PJR832 and Yank

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Kenny,

Thank You for the information. BTW homestead Joe I missed your post with part number :lolol: BLV10430

Bought!! I got them from Smith Tractor company! It came with free shipping. Hope they arrive safe and sound....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bora tractor spacers

I've installed an aftermarket (not JD) 2" rear wheel spacer set on My Gen1 2032R that has worked well. Got them as I needed additional clearance for chains and for the hydraulic MMM lift kit that rubbed on the rear wheels. I have a set of 1.25" spacers (each) that were adequate for providing clearance for the hydraulic lift but not enough for chains [should have gone with 1.5" each].

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/tractor/johndeere_s

They may not have set up a specific size for your 2038R as yet, but it might be the same as the 2032R (???). Historically they've had a couple on-line sale periods (July 4th and Black Friday or Xmas???) if you're willing to wait. The kits are priced separately for a single wheel (not as a pair), though you may need to buy a pair if doing an on-line purchase.

The 2" is the maximum that I can use with my Gen 1 2032R [nee 2720] with the 62" MMM. Might be worth a call to see if they have info needed for the 2038R. The 2032R's spacers are noted as working for models from 2013 to current year.
/
On my G1 2032R, there was a 1" (25mm) set of front wheel spacers available from JD to provide clearance for chains, and I've left mine on year round. When driving over the mower deck you aren't centered on the mower drive over tracks but it still works. See if JD lists this or other front spacer for the 2038R. The above Bora site also makes wider ones for the front (except that they don't make 1" ones).

If someone is interested in 1.25" rear spacers for a 2032R or 2720 let me know, but wouldn't recommend if you expect to need chains.

GL

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know the part number off hand. I can tell you, the front wheels can be swapped widening the stance. However, if you use the mmm you can't swap the fronts.

Jsaint
2017 2032r, mmm, FEL
I just bought a set of turfs for my Gen2 2032r and mounted them out, I've mowed twice there is not issue with contacting the 72" MMM.
I will say I have not taken the deck off and the right tire looks close to the edge of the drive over plate.

What issues do you see swapping the fronts with a MMM?
What size MMM do you have?

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts

Jsaint
2017 2032r, mmm, FEL
I just bought a set of turfs for my Gen2 2032r and mounted them out, I've mowed twice there is not issue with contacting the 72" MMM.
I will say I have not taken the deck off and the right tire looks close to the edge of the drive over plate.

What issues do you see swapping the fronts with a MMM?
What size MMM do you have?

Thanks
I have the 60"mmm, so I would give it a try. It only took me a few minutes to swap the fronts. With the 60" deck, the tires would have to roll over the posts on the gauge wheels. That may not be a problem with the 72.

Jsaint

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got them on without any issues and thanks to everyone for some pointers.

Please see before and after pictures.

I also added my new quick hitch on there and that is in the last photo. I also put new reflector tape on that now. Can’t be to safe these days. 9D4927F9-2623-45BF-B59F-DAE8ABD54811_1557077564930.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: HomesteadJoe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I got them on without any issues and thanks to everyone for some pointers.

Please see before and after pictures.

I also added my new quick hitch on there and that is in the last photo. I also put new reflector tape on that now. Can’t be to safe these days. View attachment 684504
Hey, That looks way better and much safer!! Do you remember the width before or after the spacers? just curious not finding any info with the radials. The numbers all vary on the type of tire. I know its the best tire for my want but I also want to make sure I will be happy with the JD 2.4" ones or if I should go 3" I just signed papers on a 2032r yesterday I am very excited. I found a new one with these same tires and 35 miles from me literally the only one around anywhere! without waiting till next year anyways. I got the 72" deck and loader to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts