Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true you could literally take the wheels and tires off a 3038E and put them on a 2038r without clearance problems or adjustments? Not that I want to, or have any intention of doing so, just curious about how close these two tractors are in design.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Is it true you could literally take the wheels and tires off a 3038E and put them on a 2038r without clearance problems or adjustments? Not that I want to, or have any intention of doing so, just curious about how close these two tractors are in design.
When I put the R1’s on mine I looked at that. Not actually switching them but measuring them up side by side. I am not sure of the wheel offset differences but in just diameter, maybe. No way was I going to try to though. It looked like it would be such a tight fit a pebble in the tread would rub through the fuel tank.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
According to the specifications the two tractors use different size wheels and tires (R4), so swapping wheels between the two seems unlikely.

3038E:
Industrial front:25x8.5-14
Industrial rear:15.00-19.5

2038R:
Industrial front:23x8.50-14
Industrial rear:14-17.5

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Just a thought- I think raising the tractor with larger diameter tires would gain additional ground clearance but also render the mower deck useless or at least change height settings, if you could even still do the driveover hook-up.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a thought- I think raising the tractor with larger diameter tires would gain additional ground clearance but also render the mower deck useless or at least change height settings, if you could even still do the driveover hook-up.
Very good point!

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
According to the specifications the two tractors use different size wheels and tires (R4), so swapping wheels between the two seems unlikely.

3038E:
Industrial front:25x8.5-14
Industrial rear:15.00-19.5

2038R:
Industrial front:23x8.50-14
Industrial rear:14-17.5
My new 3025E has 43 x 16.00 x 20 Industrial on the rear. They are Not small They are the optional bigger tire in the whole 3 series, but only have a 2 ply rating, not 4 as shorter tires do. They are Galaxy marathoner.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Change settings, yes, but far from make it useless.

I cut mine at ~3.5" and the 3ph setting is at 8.
To hook it up, I have it at 2. That means I could lift the tractor over an inch and still run the deck scraping on the ground.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Change settings, yes, but far from make it useless.

I cut mine at ~3.5" and the 3ph setting is at 8.
To hook it up, I have it at 2. That means I could lift the tractor over an inch and still run the deck scraping on the ground.
Ok point taken, sometimes I exaggerate a little but you get my point.

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
There are several tire options between the 41" smaller 30xxE tires and the 36" 203xR tires. Some of them are bound to fit on the stock wheel. If not, there are wheels you can buy and paint, since it appears to be a "standard" lug pattern.

For example, there's a 39" tire that I think would fit, if it fit on the wheel or if a wheel that fit it would fit the lug pattern. Kubota offers it as an option on their 2650 and 3350 tractors (which are direct competitors to the 2 series).

There is also a 37+" tire, which is the standard tire on the above mentioned Kubotas. That isn't much larger, but it is larger, and visibly so.

There are probably quite a few more than would fit on there.

Reactions: goat704!

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Reactions: goat704!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m quite keen to do the Tyre swap you’ve been discussing so tonight I did the swap to see how they fit. They fit good, I believe there is enough room between tyre & gaurd/ fuel tank. It has lifted the tow bar 2”.
My question is will this additional 2” height cause other problems. I plan to fit a 72D with auto connect, a 220R loader & 270B backhoe. Can you see any issues with these attachments.
Will the additional rolling circumference reduce pulling power by much, I doubt it.

5CD5D331-9789-4A51-A1F3-26FAE1DA9E08.jpeg
BC74B694-69A8-40D6-94AB-3FA51497E060.jpeg

·
Premium Member
13,817 Posts
My question is will this additional 2” height cause other problems. I plan to fit a 72D with auto connect, a 220R loader & 270B backhoe.
I would say maybe, larger tires are going to throw off the geometry of all three attachments, how much is TBD by you.
I’d be curious to see your findings, I had a 1” increase when I put the R1 Ag tires on and the loader still sits flat on the ground before the cylinders are fully retracted, not sure if another inch would be problematic or not.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I’m quite keen to do the Tyre swap you’ve been discussing so tonight I did the swap to see how they fit. They fit good, I believe there is enough room between tyre & gaurd/ fuel tank. It has lifted the tow bar 2”.
My question is will this additional 2” height cause other problems. I plan to fit a 72D with auto connect, a 220R loader & 270B backhoe. Can you see any issues with these attachments.
Will the additional rolling circumference reduce pulling power by much, I doubt it.

View attachment 743050 View attachment 743049 View attachment 743050

That's a 2036r. You're lucky being across the pond, you get an air ride seat option. Why can't we have it?

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
It does look nice with those. I would love the air ride seat as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a 2036r. You're lucky being across the pond, you get an air ride seat option. Why can't we have it?
This is the last of them, we are transitioning
I would say maybe, larger tires are going to throw off the geometry of all three attachments, how much is TBD by you.
I’d be curious to see your findings, I had a 1” increase when I put the R1 Ag tires on and the loader still sits flat on the ground before the cylinders are fully retracted, not sure if another inch would be problematic or not.
I had the standard R4 tyres (14-17.5 rear) before which created the 2" lift. However if you had the Turf tyre option (300/70R20 rear) it would only be approximately 1" lift from standard Turf tyre. Considering the range of tyres available on the 3R, I'm thinking it should nearly be ok with the attachments.
what size R1 ag tyres are you running?

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, if you work it out and answer all the questions about attachability, clearances, and MFWD driveline, we’ll all order rims, tires, and air ride seats from you! We’ll fill a sea container and ship it over😂

1 - 20 of 23 Posts