Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my brand new 2038r with loader backhoe and 72" auto connect mower. What a nice machine! First thing I did was to remove the mower and backhoe to store those for the winter. Then I wanted to put on the rear 3 point hitch for a blast box so I can use the tractor for plowing snow. Problem is I can't put the bottom links on the shaft. I slide the shaft all the way until it hits the wheel rim, then you slide the bushing the opposite direction so the lower arm will fit on the shaft. Problem is the bushing hits on the frame mount for the backhoe and doesn't open enough space for installation of lower arm. Hope I have described this good enough. Anyone with a 2038r knows how to put the arms on. Wondering if anyone has had this same problem with a frame mount for a backhoe getting in the way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The shaft is pushed all the way to the side touching the rims in the one picture. Hopefully that was clear enoughto see? If I had wheel spacers on it I could gain enough room by pushing the shaft further over.

To take off the backhoe I just put a little up pressure on the hoe stabilizer legs, pulled the pins and lowered the backhoe onto the floor. It was very easy to removed the hoe. It just drops straight down once the pins were out. Putting it back on looked just as easy, pick it straight up with the stabilizer legs and put the pins in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was no issue with dismounting the backhoe. That was slick. It just not possible to put the 3 point arms on without removing the tires to allow enough room. It's either remove the tires or remove the sub frame. But that is the only way to get the 3pt hitch arms on. And of course I had the tires loaded, so lots of weight there to play with.

I talked to the dealer, he said it was a new setup for the backhoe. And I can't use the 3pt arms while the hoe is mounted, they have to be removed. The hoe is mounted closer to the tractor than the old way he said. They won't work with the bar across the bottom of the hoe. He was just leaving work, but will work on my problem. Bad thing is he's 100 miles each way! Sigh!

Seems like a design flaw for this new setup? I just made the 200 mile trip today, not looking forward to more trips to the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the bushing wasn't there it would certainly fit easily. I can't get the bushing off, just a little to long and catches on the end of the shaft. If the wheel was out half an inch it would come off. Just not enough clearance the way it is. 2 inch wheel spacers would fix the problem!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bushing won't go towards the closer wheel. The hole in the backhoe mount is just big enough for the shaft, not the bushing. So only choice is to go towards the center of the tractor with the bushing. I bet the dealer will expect me to pay for the wheel spacers? Lol. At least that will fix the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dealer called me today. Said the arms should not have been taken off, and should have a spacer bar in them. Just what you guys said on this forum!! He is going to send a service guy to my house to put it together correctly. :) thanks for all the help! I sure was confused! Especially not have one like this before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.