Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
We ordered a 2038r here in western washington, and have a question. Other than the backhoe, and possibly a post hole implement addition, what implements would you all add for a 5 acre, horse farm, with a 400' gravel driveway to maintain?
Thank you all in advance!

· Registered
261 Posts
We ordered a 2038r here in western washington, and have a question. Other than the backhoe, and possibly a post hole implement addition, what implements would you all add for a 5 acre, horse farm, with a 400' gravel driveway to maintain?
Thank you all in advance!
Box blade and pallet forks (probably with bale spear)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

· Hollywood Pat
17,700 Posts
what implements would you all add for a 5 acre, horse farm, with a 400' gravel driveway to maintain?
You'll want pallet forks, not sure how you feed hay, but I have a round bale spear for mine. For the driveway I would say a box blade or a landplane, I prefer the box blade because it has more uses. I use the box blade to clean out the barnyard as well as maintaining driveways and such. Also you'll likely need some sort of a cutter for pasture maintenance, be it a rotary cutter or a flail.

· Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Congratulations on those 2038Rs! I know you’re gonna love them!

· Registered
3 Posts
You'll want pallet forks, not sure how you feed hay, but I have a round bale spear for mine. For the driveway I would say a box blade or a landplane, I prefer the box blade because it has more uses. I use the box blade to clean out the barnyard as well as maintaining driveways and such. Also you'll likely need some sort of a cutter for pasture maintenance, be it a rotary cutter or a flail.
Thanks for the info...
I will not need the pallet forks. I made a articulating winch for lifting our bales off the truck into the barn loft.
However I have decided to add the box blade attachment!
Thanks do much.

· Registered
108 Posts
I ordered my 2038R a month ago and I still have 3 months to wait. I think it is because I went with the Radial Turf tires on my machine. The dealer network had NONE in several states worth of dealerships. And their typical partner had 3, but wouldn't let any of them go.

So I'm still waiting and reading about how everyone else is doing with their tractors to pass the time. LOL

Congratulations on the new machine!

· Registered
347 Posts
So is the general consensus that the versaturfs are not the preferred tire on a 2032/2038?

· Registered
347 Posts
Versa Turfs are currently not available in the sizes for the 2032R and 2038R. 1025R and 2025R sizes only.
Ok thank you, that’s interesting, I just did a “build your tractor“ and it had a radial tire as a choice but maybe it’s a different tire. I find some of JD’s website very unfriendly when it comes to building a tractor, I’m assuming they want you in the dealership to get you to sign on the line!

· Premium Member
1 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger and upgraded my 2025r to a 2038r. I only had 20 hours on the 2025r. It was a great machine but didn't have quite the fork lift capacity. I love the new 2038r even losing money trading in. I would have been a lot better off buying the 2038r in the first place but what do they say, hindsight is 20 20. I'm not worried about the money because we are comfortable and planned well for our retirement. I just built a 30x40 metal pole barn shop. I had 4 inches of high density foam sprayed walls and roof. I added a 3 1/2 ton mini split heat pump with two 18,000 btu heads for heating and cooling. Next is to start building my work benches. Retirement is so much fun.
I did exactly the same thing. I knew went wrong when I attache a 665 tiller to the 2025. Not near enough power. Even the 655 makes the 2038 grunt when I till deeper. Love the 2038R. Put a 60" mower and a 220R loader on it and extremely happy.

· Registered
3,044 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.