Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1973 John Deere 210 that my grandpa bought new and I recently purchased a number 31 tiller for it. It did not come with a mule drive. My neighbor has one and he let me borrow his and I am machining/welding a new one for myself. I’m looking at my mower and I don’t see any place to hook up the hydraulic linkage. Some people were saying I need some parts to put on mine. There should be a knob on the back of the tractor next to the hitch? Mine is solid steel and there isn’t a knob. I have a snowblower that are used to blow snow in the winter and there is a spot to hook up that linkage but I’m not finding anything in the back. I have not taken the seat pan off to see what is down there but I cannot see any arm to Attach the linkage to. Am I in trouble or have I not dug deep enough into my tractor yet?

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
The rear lift kit was optional, and it does add a knob on the back.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need to make rear lift linkage(s)

Guys,
The picture of the rear lift knob and linkage is great. Mine does not have that and I need to put something on mine so it will work. I don't feel like buying the needed parts as I am capable and would like to try to make the parts. My question is, on the linkage rod, where does it get hooked to up underneath the clutch? I can't see anything up there that would let me easily hook up the linkage to route to the back end. I don't know where to find this info. I feel like there isn't much out there on these old machines. Everybody seems to have tractors that will accept a tiller. I thought mine would but I am wrong. I am making the mule drive and I need to make a rear lift setup when I finish that. Thanks!! I appreciate the help.
Andy

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Guys,
The picture of the rear lift knob and linkage is great. Mine does not have that and I need to put something on mine so it will work. I don't feel like buying the needed parts as I am capable and would like to try to make the parts. My question is, on the linkage rod, where does it get hooked to up underneath the clutch? I can't see anything up there that would let me easily hook up the linkage to route to the back end. I don't know where to find this info. I feel like there isn't much out there on these old machines. Everybody seems to have tractors that will accept a tiller. I thought mine would but I am wrong. I am making the mule drive and I need to make a rear lift setup when I finish that. Thanks!! I appreciate the help.
Andy
It hooks on at the same spot as the helper spring. It’s not much fun.

The knob on the rear is a depth stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts