Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just purchased a 2130 1976 with a duncan cab on it. The headlights are not there so need replacing but the wires are there, the alternator has been replaced at some point in the past and right next to it is a plug that looks like it should be connected to the alternator can anyone help me with any pointers for the wiring?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13,704 Posts
Hi, I've just purchased a 2130 1976 with a duncan cab on it. The headlights are not there so need replacing but the wires are there, the alternator has been replaced at some point in the past and right next to it is a plug that looks like it should be connected to the alternator can anyone help me with any pointers for the wiring?
Thanks in advance
sionwynj; well it sounds like u need some manuels to go with ur new tractor. the techinal one shows a lot, but I guess ur gonna need the parts one. someone with WAY MORE smarts then me will come along and guide u on the right path. good luck, big jim and welcome to GTT from south western pa. :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
:wgtt:

The OP lists his location as the UK, and it appears Duncan cabs were built in Scotland. I don't know if the 2130 was the same in the US and the UK, but some photos of what you have (especially the alternator and plug) would be helpful. Is the tractor charging correctly now?

It appears Duncan cabs stopped being produced in 1999, but parts are still available here.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't recognize the alternator that is installed, but I assume it has an integral voltage regulator. The plug that is hanging loose was for the original Bosch alternator with external regulator. It appears that the blue wire was cut off of the hanging plug and attached to the exciter post on the alternator. Is the alternator charging ok as it is? That blue wire should go to the alternator light in the dash. With this setup, the alternator light needs to be good to make the alternator charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.