Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt the carb , the tractor ran fine .put everything back together and what to turn the key nothing happens . I been working on these for about 3 weeks .replace everything except starter ,when I bypass the pto switch tractor will turn over replace switch nothing happens replace neutral safety switch and ran new wires to switch nothing, got a new battery ,battery cables ,solenoid , key switch , check grounds nothing ,bench press the starter it clicks ,I read I might to adjust the safety switches , need help im a newbie when it comes to electrical.

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
I think you found your own answer

"when I bypass the pto switch tractor will turn over"

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Do you have the wiring diagram for your tractor? Wiring is not difficult, once you have that to trace the flow from the battery to the key and onward.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I think you found your own answer

"when I bypass the pto switch tractor will turn over"
I think I have 1 old tractor I haven't replaced the PTO switch on. Get the nut too, it's not included.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Holy cow sounds like u overhaul it....
What I'm about to say to yah will not fix the the issue at hand, but it will solved the problem...

1st .
Take the machine in the middle of the back yard hopefully over the campfire pit and parked it

2nd.
Coverit with drain oil and Doucet it with #2 fuel .

3rd.
Take a match and light it and run like hell is coming.

4th.
After the unit has completely burned call 911 and report a brake in.

5th and final.
Call ur homeowners insurance, and tell them that the neighborhood squirrel and raccoon tried to hotwire it to make a new highway in the woods and called it the squirrel turnpike....

If the homeowner insurance questions ur response.
Tell them
If the deers in the woods have runways why can't the squirrels and the raccoons have a turnpike....

Really ....

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just have to ask, was alcohol involved in this response to a 19+ month old post?

Sent from my RCT6773W22 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts