Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the proper oil pressure should be for a 2150? This tractor has no gauges or idiot lights, so I’m flying blind. I installed a 30 psi gauge and it pegs out all the way, but I’m not sure the gauge is good, since it was a used one I robbed off an air compressor. Thanks for all y’all’s helpful comments. Ive already learned a bunch from all of you on this site.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The service manual should have the oil pressure specs in it, but generally speaking, you want to see a minimum of 10 pounds of oil pressure for every 1000 RPM of engine speed.

Also a 30 pound gauge is way too low, get a 0-100 psi gauge. Cold oil pressure on some engines can be as high as 75-80 lbs which will go down some as the oil warms up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn’t find the high pressure in the service manual. Perhaps I overlooked it. I do recall seeing some discussion about low oil pressure settings. Anyway, I’ll pick up a 100 psi gauge and see what it reads. Thanks

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
The JD Service Manuals typically have info about everything on the tractor, EXCEPT the engine. Engine details are typically in CTM which should be spec'd out near the beginning of the SM, possibly in the index under "Engine". Bob

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
My TM for my 2030, states 50-60psi at 2500rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.