Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2038R tractor with a JD 220R bucket. Recently after some heavy use cutting a road in, the bucket rolls forward unless I keep my hand on the control in curl mode. Its a slow roll but ultimately starts dumping the contents

·
Super Moderator
6,999 Posts
The number of things that can be wrong here is very limited.

Swap your lift and curl lines at the SCV mid ports.

If the curl issue continues then you have bad curl cylinders (most likely bad seals.) Could just be one cylinder or could be both.

If the problem moves to the loader arms not staying up then the problem is with your SCV.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
It's common for the 220R NSL loader to leak down on the curl cylinders a little bit, I generally have to provide curl input every 10 seconds or so to keep it stationary. However, mine has never gone to the point of dumping even if I don't provide input, how quickly is your bucket leaking down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its immediate as far as starting to dump forward. When full it takes 10-15 secs to start dropping rocks out of the load. I had been running for 5 hrs straight and saw the fluid level about mid between cold and hot.. could it just be low on hydrolics?

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts
I suspect one (or both) cylinders are leaking internally. Is it still in warranty?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine drops slowly as well. Have to bring it back up occasionally, as well as the lift arms. However, it not too inconvenient and I understand it is relatively normal. However, the time your talking about till it dumps is very quick and I would be questioning the joystick valving. Do you have a hydraulic pressure gauge you could plug into the mid scv and check bleed off time? That would help determine if your problem is on the loader or tractor side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suspect one (or both) cylinders are leaking internally. Is it still in warranty?
Its just over 1 year old so certainly some parts are. Not sure on the cylinders if those are wear and tear... live in Middle Tennessee and we have a lot of rock.. I wonder if I over loaded the loader

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.